2006 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu:

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 092013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving my vehicle on the freeway in lunch hour traffic. As I exited the freeway to change to a connecting freeway, the engine shut off half way along the exchange ramp. At that point I noticed that I had poor breakage and no power steering. Lucky, I was able to coast over and stop in the emergency lane mid ramp, put the car in park, restart the vehicle, and drive off without indecent. It was unsettling to say the least.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Jan 232013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving at about 55 mph and my car stalled and the loss power came on. I was able to restart and took my car to a local car repair business. They put in a 3 part fuel system kit/acd12568796 throttle body assembly ele and the bill came to $654.92. The mileage at that time was 153101. I purchased my car from an individual. When I purchased the car April 2013 I knew the gas gauge didn't work but I thought that's ok I'll just keep the tank filled up at all time. But I've been having trouble when it is in idle position. It acts like it is going to stop on me. I've asked the car repair business and they told me it was the fuel pump and I would have to have it replaced which would cost me $700. Also I had the calipers replaced at on 10/5/12 with a mileage of 147005 which cost me $531.92. It's always something.

- Batavia, OH, USA

Jan 232013

Malibu 4-cyl

The power steering goes out whenever it want to while the car is in motion. The gas hand goes down to E when the car really have gas in it, but it will go back up on its own. The engine light is on, and the car do not get as much power have to hit the gas all the way RPM go all the way up. I have not even had this car for two years but having all these problems with it.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA