1.8

2006 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu:

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 202013

Malibu

I filed a complaint last year in reference to the random stopping issue on my 2006 Chevy Malibu. Although several vehicles have been recalled, the Malibu's and Impala have been overlooked as they have the same issues as the other recalled vehicles. I have a vehicle that is a literal deathtrap and the Chevy service department has advised me that they cannot diagnose the vehicle. If you review the various car forums, the random stopping issue is a common problem with all Chevy vehicles make in this timeframe. The dealerships offer little assistance in resolving the issues if no code is generated. The vehicles are engineered to stop in the event of almost any minor issue with the vehicle. I am a single parent that purchased this car for my daughter in college. She has come home in tears many times due to the vehicle stopping on her with no warning and almost being hit several times. I have spent almost $1500 trying to determine the issue that Chevy could not diagnose. I had to purchase another vehicle for my daughter while the Malibu is literally useless and sits on my driveway. I would hate to even give it away knowing of this issue. If I sell this vehicle to someone else, I am selling a deathtrap that could cause another family a major tragedy. I filed another complaint with GM and was just told again last week that they vehicle cannot be diagnosed. They went by the information from the first diagnostic and did not even attempt to look at it again. Please encourage GM to do the right thing and recall these vehicles or buy them back as they are useless deathtraps. There is no such thing as not being able to diagnose a vehicle. They are merely hiding behind more defects that they are unwilling to disclose.

- Ovilla, TX, USA

Aug 092013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving my vehicle on the freeway in lunch hour traffic. As I exited the freeway to change to a connecting freeway, the engine shut off half way along the exchange ramp. At that point I noticed that I had poor breakage and no power steering. Lucky, I was able to coast over and stop in the emergency lane mid ramp, put the car in park, restart the vehicle, and drive off without indecent. It was unsettling to say the least.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Jan 232013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving at about 55 mph and my car stalled and the loss power came on. I was able to restart and took my car to a local car repair business. They put in a 3 part fuel system kit/acd12568796 throttle body assembly ele and the bill came to $654.92. The mileage at that time was 153101. I purchased my car from an individual. When I purchased the car April 2013 I knew the gas gauge didn't work but I thought that's ok I'll just keep the tank filled up at all time. But I've been having trouble when it is in idle position. It acts like it is going to stop on me. I've asked the car repair business and they told me it was the fuel pump and I would have to have it replaced which would cost me $700. Also I had the calipers replaced at on 10/5/12 with a mileage of 147005 which cost me $531.92. It's always something.

- Batavia, OH, USA

Jan 232013

Malibu 4-cyl

The power steering goes out whenever it want to while the car is in motion. The gas hand goes down to E when the car really have gas in it, but it will go back up on its own. The engine light is on, and the car do not get as much power have to hit the gas all the way RPM go all the way up. I have not even had this car for two years but having all these problems with it.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA