1. replaced ball joint (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jun 132006

S-10 Pickup LS 4.3L V6

I was 200 miles from home coming back from vacation on I90/94 when it felt like I had a low tire. I pulled over right away and looked at the tire and it looked fine. Figured I'd been on the road too much, got back into the car and tried to drive. It wouldn't move, so I got underneath it and saw lots of metal shavings from the back of my rim where the lower ball joint had been rubbing. Called a tow truck and my parents to come pick me and my brother up. The scary thing was that once the tow truck came and started pulling the truck onto the bed, the wheel totally collapsed and they had to drag it up (so I had maybe another 15 feet of driving on the tollway before my wheel would have caused me to crash). They towed it to a local holding yard and I got to call in sick to work the next day to go and pick it up with a tow dolly. Had to remove the transaxle in the mud and rain so towing it wouldnt burn up my transmission on the way home. To add insult to injury, I forgot to take my IPass off the truck so I got hit with tolls for it as well. All in all, a very expensive time-consuming part failure (tow truck costs, holding yard costs, gas, ipass, parts, missed work, tow dolly rental)

- , Lombard, IL, USA