2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup steering NHTSA complaints: Steering

NHTSA — Steering Problems

2.7

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Aug 152014

S-10 Pickup

Our ABS light keeps coming on and when it does the ABS don't work. It comes on whenever it wants. It is the same issues as the 2000 are having and they have a recall. It recently caused the back wheel not to move at all. We were told the spring inside the module is going out. It also afftects the air bag from going on. Also, the ignition won't work the truck won't start. It takes several tries to get it to start. We were just told that it's the starter. The seatbelt locks intermittenly and won't let me move.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Jul 302013

S-10 Pickup

While traveling on I85 at 70 mph in the far left lane passing a car I hit the rumble strips on the shoulder and the truck lost all power. I was able to move to the shoulder on the right side of the road. Thinking I would not be able to restart the car to my surprise the car started back and I took off. I forgot about this until I recently heard of recent recalls.

- Sautee Nacoochee, GA, USA

Dec 152002

S-10 Pickup

Consumer states while driving the vehicle, the vehicle started making a cracking noise. The consumer states that the vehicle no longer had any brakes and the steering wheel was stuck. Dealer notified.

- La Verne, CA, USA

Jan 152001

S-10 Pickup

While sitting in car can't turn steering wheel, while driving vehicle stiffens and it's hard to turn. Consumer states if on a highway it could be dangerous.

- Peoria, IL, USA