5.2

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Dec 202006

S-10 Pickup 4-cyl

I couldn't get gas into it the vehicle. I took it to my repairman. Which cost $169.38 to replace the gas filler neck. I called GM and was told if I had taken it to their authorized dealer they may have considered reimbursing me. They said if a recall comes up I can file to get my money back. Meanwhile this truck is a 2003 with only 37000 on it. Only 3 years old. I saw on your site that other people have had the same problem I had and filed a complaint. So if they hadn't paid for it to get fixed I would off had a bigger bill from a dealership.

- Hobart, NY, USA

Jan 262005

S-10 Pickup 6-cyl

Evap hose on fuel tank chewed up by rodent, when 1st had truck in shop was told hat service engine light came on because fuel cap was not tight, have a friend that works at another car dealer and have had them clear code for gas cap, when brought to Chevrolet dealer last time they do a smoke test and tell me the evap hose was chewed up by some kind of rodent and thet it would cost me $1500 to fix or my truck would never pass emisions this is not covered by warranty.

- Douglasville, GA, USA