1. replaced transfercase (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Aug 012007

Silverado 2500HD 6.0L

The transfercase on my 2500HD decided on day for the oil pump inside to seize up while going down the freeway at 70mph, well, when it seized, it punched a hole in the side of the casing, letting all the oil out causing every component to roach itself to nothing. I contacted a local transmission dealership, they had to search around for a used one for me since a new one was over $3K. I bought this truck brand new, never beat it, I plow, but take extreme care of it, thats why I bought a HD. I still have the truck. but have had a bunch of little but costly problems.

- , Mantua, OH, USA