2002 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems: check engine light is on

Check Engine Light Is On

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

4.0

2. replace catalytic converter (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 152010

Silverado 6

Darn thing didn't pass emission and had work done on it. I didn't get 12 miles away and darn engine light light up again hasn't turned off and now it hesitates when during driving but not when sitting at a light and the oil pressure gauge is fluctuating when at idle it is around 25 while driving moves up to around 53 just had oil changed yesterday.

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Oct 042010

Silverado LT 5.3

Just bought a 2002 Silverado off the dealer's lot with 155,000 on it.

Condition of truck was better than average. Needless to say the check engine light was on and asked to have it scanned.

They declined to do that. Stupid me, I bought the truck and I had it scanned and it came back PO420 and PO430. Poor catalyst efficiency. ( The cats are bad! )

Doing my research, It appears to be a common problem with the downstream O2 sensor so I'm told.

Anyway. Black electrical tape ( over the check engine light ) is my answer for this problem for now.

- , Hibbing, MN, USA