8.0

2002 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jan 052009

Silverado 4.3L V6

When I started the truck it made an awful noise like the lifters were coming out of the engine and then the oil filter gasket blew leaving a huge oil spill in the driveway. I removed the oil filter and it was installed correctly, no double gasket. By the way the oil was changed 12/08/08. I replaced the oil and filter. When I started it, the oil pressure gauge pegged out at 80 so I turned the engine off Immediately. What should I do now? I had to replace the distributor a few months ago and I have had all scheduled maintenance performed.

- , Spring, TX, USA