8.0

2002 Chevrolet Silverado suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 152002

Silverado LS 5.3L

I took the truck to the dealer as soon as I got back in state. They installed a new leaf spring on the drivers side and replaced some shock as well. They did all this on my extended warranty, then called me and said the job was complete and the truck was repaired. I took one look at the truck and could plainly see the problem hadn't been repaired. They had just used my extended warranty to make some extra cash and didn't care about correcting what was very evidently wrong. The service manager told me that it's a common problem and can't be corrected and that I should see the S10's when they come in. They are mostly all leaning low on the left side. I was told by the service manager if I wanted it straightened out by their body shop it would cost me $310.00.

I have lived with this problem for eight years and I know that GM is not interested in my problem. The next truck I bought was a Ford because of this problem, and the next one will be a Ford. I actually prefer a Chevy, but I feel that GM and their dealer stole money from me and lied about it. It was that lousy C-Frame that caused my problem, they have since stopped using that design. This won't help me now.

- , Powder Springs, GA, USA