1. replace transfer case (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Silverado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 012008

Silverado 4.8L

Notice fluid leaking under vehicle. Brought to dealership and they said there was a hole in the transfer case. Also needed new front axle seals. Total bill- $1580

To date I have replaced the steering gear, steering shaft, power window motor on passengers side, rear brakes, plus the transfer case and front axle seals. The heater control has also gone crazy and now only the high speeds work. I also hear a loud clunking noise when I let off the gas and then accelerate at low speeds. I have replaced headlight and taillight bulbs numerous times and they keep burning out. This is my second Chevy product with numerous issues. I can understand a couple of issues, but not to this extent. I take car of my vehicle, do not beat on it, and this is what I get in return. I doubt I will buy another Chevy product.

- , Hugo, MN, USA