8.7

2006 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Sep 232016

Silverado LS 5.4L

I purchased this vehicle for my husband in August of 2016 as a present and truthfully I went with the Chevy because growing up...it was Chevy or nothing. Best trucks out there. Well it seems that is not the case. Before I took possession of the vehicle the dealer I bought it from did an oil change as a courtesy. Now here it is almost 2 months later and the oil WAS GONE!!! White smoke coming out of the exhaust as though I had neglected to put oil in my vehicle that JUST HAD A NEW OIL CHANGE JUST A COUPLE MONTHS AGO!!! How can this be happening...well to my surprise...there is a common problem with Silverado's that Chevy has not addressed or recalled...its called AFM oil consumption..THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A RECALL!!!!

- , N Chesterfield, VA, USA

Jun 082011

Silverado LT 5.3L V8

Have been a Chevy owner for 25 years , have never had a truck use 2 quarts of oil in between oil change's . I have 4-5 neighbor's with the same problem , GM needs to come up with a fix . I will think twice about buying another Silverado , might have to look at a Toyota .

- , Colonial Heights, VA, USA

Jul 212009

Silverado 5.3L Vortec

Same as the rest. Alot of runaround and no solution,other than getting a different truck. I know people with the same truck and some burn oil like mine and some say theres doesn't. Payed $100.00 for the dealership to hand me a bunch of papers to say this is normal. Only normal for the 2 stroke I got stuck with. Had a 1989 s10 Blazer with over 250,000 mi that was used the same, driven the same ,but didn't burn oil the same as this piece of crap. Just got a letter from GM stating my satisfaction with there product was important to them, related to a heater problem(had it in 4 times for various problems with that too) and they say they will pay for that fix. Step up to the plate and fix my burning oil problem. PS I bought stock in havoline oil and am now rich!!

- , Virginia, MN, USA