- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
2006 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2006 Silverado engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on6
- engine is knocking3
- loss of power3
- oil loss2
- cam lobe worn out1
- engine cam busted1
- engine vibration while driving1
- excessive black smoke1
- truck hydrolocking1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling5
- NHTSA: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.