4.0

2008 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado:

2008 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jun 292009

Silverado LT 5.3L

hate the v4 mode and rough idle and the volt meter not being right going between 11 volts and 14 volts

- , Live Oak, TX, USA

Jul 142008

Silverado LS 4.8L

I had the same problem as the owner from Shreveport. The week after I bought my new Silverado the 4.8l engine started running really rough at idle. The truck still runs strong other than idle and gets decent mileage14/18. The dealer told me they found nothing wrong because the computer would not read the problem. Give me a truck with a carburetor and distributor and I'll find the problem myself. I'm just worried about what it's doing to my engine mounts considering I'm in stop and go traffic every day. Chevrolet needs to step up for a truck that cost near 30k to run like this.

- , Katy, TX, USA

Jun 302008

Silverado 1500 5.3L

Bought new Silverado because of complications with the old one ran good for about a week then it started to idle rough like it was missing. Took it to the dealership they said that they found no problem and that it was fine. No known fix but this is a bit stupid that they cant even see a problem. If they are going to release a new vehicle they should be able to provide maintenance for it. Come on GM get with the program back your vehicles...

- , Shreveport, LA, USA