- November 8: GM Recalls Compressed Natural Gas Trucks and Vans
- October 27: GM Recalls 1.4 Million Cars After 1,345 Fires
- October 21: Chevy Malibu Owner Kristin Hopkins Sues GM After Crash
- October 17: GM Recalls Vehicles For Airbag and Ignition Switch Problems
- October 14: GM Recalls Vehicles For 3rd Time To Fix Melting Power Window Switches
2008 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2008 Silverado engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption26
- engine missing / hesitating8
- internal engine knock7
- rough idle5
- engine light comes on when overdrive kicks in with cruise on1
- leak in oil pan1
- oil pump went out1
- rear main seal leaking1
- shuts down/turns over/won't start1
- NHTSA: Engine8
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.