2014 Chevrolet Spark engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Spark:

2014 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 232014

Spark 4-cyl

June 21st I bought a 2014 Chevy Spark and only used to get to work & back.then on the 23rd I was sitting in traffic waiting to move.I pushed down on the gas peddle & was jolted forward & back.I thought this was normal since I never had this type of transmission (cvt). Then I noticed that I really had to give it gas to get going up a hill & after stopping at a red light.the next day it happened again so I called the dealer the next day & they said to bring it in.after they took the car for a test ride & ran a diagnostics on it they said that there was something wrong with the transmission.tried to up date the software & they had no luck.then they called GM & told them what they found.came back to tell me that I needed a new transmission.have been waiting for the transmission & in the mean time I found out after calling GM that in may of this year there was a recall for a knocking noise of the engine & acceleration problem.also, checked to see is any other recalls were for my car.found out in South Korea the Spark was recalled due to a defective transmission mount, with gearbox mount that may destabilize and cause a drop in transmission power.gave the dealership this information that I found.still waiting to get my car back & not sure I want to keep it.the dealership will not buy back my car & said that they can give me another Spark if this one not fixed.to top it off I 'm paying my car insurance for a car I don't have.

- Bridgeville, PA, USA

May 132014

Spark 4-cyl

Hola my carro chervolet Spark 2014 E tenido muchisimo problema cuando manejo casi me a chocado I enbolucrado en un accidente tiene mucho problema con acelerar voy manejando regular avese cuando aselero como que no me quiere acelerar SE traba O SE trata de ahogar el motor Y no hacelera el carro que queda en medio de la calle hasta que SE le antoja el carro darme acelerar avese estoy esperando por la luz Y el carro cuando la luz SE pone verder el carro como SE ahoga Y no me quiere acelera Y eso en muy peligroso ya estoy cansado el carro como que SE pone bobo Y avece estoy en el freeway velociday 60 mph Y trato de siempre que darme Y trato de seguir la velocida Y como que SE boba el carro Y cuesta muchisimo que suba la velocida ya lo lleve a dealer me dijiero que no encuentra nada ya estoy cansado tendo dos niƱO Y tengo muchisimo miedo que alguien me pueda pegar por que el carro no me deja acelerar regular SE atora el motor Y no mueve si me llama le explico mejor por favor ayudemen.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Apr 052014

Spark

The air conditioner is not cooling the car. Both me and my mom purchased a 2014 Chevy Spark 2 days apart and we both are having trouble. It will not keep the car cool. It runs warm all the time. I have taken it to the dealer twice and I am really not happy with this. It is also about to be summer here in AZ. I need a good air conditioner not one that will only run cold at night.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Feb 282014

Spark 4-cyl

I purchased a 2014 Chevy Spark on 2-26-2014. 40 hours later the check engine light came on and vehicle was struggling to shift. Returned to dealer and they said that a sensor was not plugged in all the way and the transmission issue was because a new vehicle "needed to be broken in...which takes about 1000 miles). Service manager decided to keep vehicle because transmission didn't seem right. They kept vehicle until 3-7-2014 and still did not shift right. Had 4 days, and check engine light came back on. Returned car to dealership on 3-14-2014 and they had vehicle for 13 days before any contact from them. Called on 3-27-2014 & they stated that they had to change pistons and other engine components and vehicle would not be ready for about a week. To further my suspicion, they want me to come in on 3-28-2014 to sign papers to refinance vehicle from gmac auto finance because they "found a lower interest rate"!! and to further my disgust with this situation, they never sent the payoff to my finance company of the vehicle that I traded in and now they have adversely affected my credit. I have only had possession of this vehicle for 9 days in a 30 day period. Any suggestions??

- Creston, OH, USA

Mar 112014

Spark

I test drove a 2014 Spark on 3-6-14 at voss Chevy dealership, the car that I test drove "check engine" light came on. I did not purchase the car that I test drove...the salesperson said that because it was a brand new car there was probably a minor glitch. I was informed that a new batch of 2014 Sparks was coming in, so I ordered a 2014 Spark, I purchased the car on 2-14-14, it only had 11 miles on it. I drove my car for about 4 weeks when, on my may home from work, the "check engine" light came on and it began to smoke profusely. The Spark had to be towed back to the dealership, I was informed that a whole new motor had to be put in the car. I do not know if these engine problems are a "known problem" with the 2014 Spark or if the 1st Spark that I test drove and the 2nd Spark that I bought were just from a bad batch.

- Dayton, OH, USA