1999 Chevrolet Suburban body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban:

1999 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Dec 232003

Suburban LT 4x4 V8

I had this Suburban for several years and had bought it new. It had been good and really not had any problems. I started noticing in 2003 the smell of must, mildew, mold, in it. I could not locate the problem, but knew it was there. I thought at first it was the a/c, but it was not from the front. I kept checking and time went by. Later in the year, I noticed thing being wet on the bottom in the rear cargo area. I took the car in to have the rear a/c checked out. They said the drain looked clogged and cleaned it out. I thought all was going to be fixed and went on my way. A few weeks later, after I took it to the car wash, I noticed all my grocery bags were wet on the bottom. I went out and inspected the rear carpet and it was sopping wet. I asked my adult sons to look at it and they advised me to remove the rear carpet. I had them remove it and noticed that it smelled rancid on the bottom. Upon flipping it over, we all noticed black mold all over the bottom of the carpet. I had them throw it out as it was just beyond fixing. I drove the car with no carpet in the back and kept trying to find the problem. I used towels to keep it dry. Later on, I was driving in a very heavy rain and noticed in the rear view mirror water was dripping from the top of the rear doors down. I got home and found it was the rear door seals. I had it worked on and the problem did not get any better. I finally decided to trade it off for a new 04 and have someone else deal with it.

- , Champaign, IL, USA