1. replace defective belt (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Suburban AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Suburban:

2001 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jul 012009

Suburban Limited

My air coditioning belt started breaking. I replaced it twice then my mechanic said that it was a manufacturer's defect recall repaired if under warrantee. He said he saw the problem in the early 2000's but our car lasted a longer than any other. To repair it will cost $2,500. He contacted Chevrolet to fix it but they said the warrantee expired long ago. I told him we had never received a recall letter-we are the original owners. He said that letters are sent out for defects that could endanger the driver. I guess we were unlucky due to the fact that the defect didn't show when the car was still under warantee but, if they were fixing it before, which means they were accepting responsibility, they should honor it the same now. We've also had to replace the whole motor 2 of the windows control. My mechaninc said that the problem used to be corrected by just replacing one part but now the part is made to the whole motor has to be replaced. He showed me the contraption he took out of the window panel. It looks like a torture device. I don't mind replacing the windows after 160,000 but the air condition was a pre-existing condition which should be fixed by GMC.

- , Westlake Village, CA, USA