2002 Chevrolet Suburban accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Suburban:

2002 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jun 292005

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

Was pulling a travel trailer when the stock hitch receiver broke off causing me to lose control of my vehicle, causing a death, and multiple injuries to the whole family. Vehicle was totaled.

- Hubbard, OR, USA

Jun 012006

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban. This year I purchased a new travel trailer to be towed by the Suburban. After hearing other stories about hitch failure I inspected mine and noticed the welds were cracking. This was after the second trip towing the trailer, and a good thing I checked before our next trip. Any way I called the dealer, even though our warranty has expired, and they said they knew nothing about it, and there was nothing for them to do about it. I ended up buying a new putnam hitch to replace the oem one. I think GM should reimburse me for replacing their faulty part.

- Valdosta, GA, USA