2002 Chevrolet Suburban fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Suburban:

2002 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Oct 212003

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

My 2002 Chevrolet Suburban will not start once the gas tank gets below 1/4 full. I park in my driveway that has a slight slope to the street and it does not matter which way I pull the vehicle in, it will not start with a low (less than 1/4 tank) amount of gas in the tank. I have spoke to the service manager at the Chevrolet dealership and he informs me that Chevy has not notified him that their is a problem. I have spoke to one other person and he has the exact same problem with his Suburban of the same year. There is a problem and I believe it to be something with the fuel pickup design in these vehicles. I have heard of no recall, or attempt to correct this, because it probably would be very costly to GM. It is a large inconvenience to me and has happened more than four times.

- O'fallon, MO, USA