2002 Chevrolet Suburban transmission problems: transmission failure

Transmission Failure

$2,250.00

1. replace with a rebuilt transmission (2 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Suburban transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Suburban:

2002 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jun 012010

Suburban LS

Always had regular service on this vehicle at the dealership. Know one ever told me to change the transmission fluid. ( I know it's my responsibility), but it's THEIR job to inform me. Transmission decided to go out. 3 year transmission warranty had expired. I had to pay $2500. NOT happy, the vehicle only had 62,000 miles on it.

- , Troutdale, OR, USA

Nov 012006

Suburban

I just bought this vehicle 8 months ago, it was used, it had 32,000 miles when I bought it. Out of nowhere the vehicle started acting funny and would not reverse and made horrible noises when I hit the gas or the break. Of course the car dealership, Leesburg Toyota used cars, doesn't help me at all!!! Don't ever go to them!!! They are suppose to be a respectable dealership but when the transmission blows after 8 months.. the piece of crap dealership should take care of it!!!!

- , Winchester, VA, USA

Jul 082006

Suburban LS

My wife and I bought this suburban from my aunt it had 25000 miles on it, she had bought it new. We have drove it under normal driving conditions, no towing nor did my aunt tow anything. Fluids reg. checked and changed. With 36200 miles stoped at traffic light, light turned green and transmission blew up no reverse and awful noise trying to go forward to get off road. No warning that it might have a transmission problem. The transmission pump went out, blew the transmission.

- , Georgetown, IN, USA