2011 Chevrolet Suburban electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Suburban:

2011 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Feb 132016

The rear lift gate on my 2011 Suburban has begun to spontaneously close on its own. It knocked my husband down over the weekend and conked me on the head yesterday while I was parked and loading groceries- glad I didn't need stitches! this is a very dangerous situation and I hope Chevrolet will work to rectify it. A quick internet search will tell you that many, many people are having the same problem with Suburban and other Chevy models.

- Montpelier, VA, USA

Dec 222015

My break lights wont work, dealer states its computer. I had the truck 3 years. I had no idea I had no break lights till I took the truck for inspection

- Hastingsonhudson, NY, USA

May 122015

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact stated that none of the instrument panel indicators were working and the ABS warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 86,289.

- Columbus, IN, USA

May 252014

Dash crack at passenger airbag.

- Bryceville, FL, USA

Aug 232012

1.)when we were driving thru the mountains our electrical system started to go haywire and the lights started going in and out and the ignition started to act up car turned off a few times we had to restart it when we brought it to the dealership to get checked out they said there was coins in the radio. 2.) the defrosters for the front windshield doesn't defrost the window at all when driving in cold days the whole window fogs up and freezes making visibility to none and we have to stop wipe down the wind shield and drive again for ten minutes then this problem goes on and on the heater goes on full blast but no results that is a very unsafe and un drivable at times. Coins in the radio? I was astonished and very upset how could an industry make a vehicle that if water is spilled on/or in the radio or coins dropped in the cd compartment that the whole electrical system goes out and starts going haywire especially here in Alaska a lot snow and harsh winter driving conditions are not great and if the vehicle stalls do to the radio and defrosters not working or someone spilled something on the radio then the people and children would freeze to death then who would be at fault that means the company that makes the vehicle is gonna be liable for the consequences the defrosters not working doesn't help any we have to drive thru this weather out here 9months out of the year and have to suffer because of these situations that is inexcusable and very dangerous to public this needs to be fixed and resolved. We took it to the dealership a few times but the problem still consists doing the horrible dangerous things that the Suburban does we have another appointment to take the vehicle in again because the radio is acting up again and defrosters are acting up this is a defect and needs to be fixed.

- Homer, AK, USA