2.3

2012 Chevrolet Suburban miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Suburban:

2012 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Oct 032016

Suburban

Purchased in 2014, four separate cracks have appeared in the dash board, two on driver side and two on the passenger sides. The larges crack is on the driver's side, directly about the speedometer and the other is at the edge of the driver's side windshield. The passenger side cracks is where the airbag is installed.

- Spanish Fort, AL, USA

Oct 012016

Suburban

The dashboard on the passenger side next to the airbag has cracked and appears to be separating. This defect in the dashboard is directly in contact with the airbag deployment location for the front passenger.

- The Hills, TX, USA

Jun 152015

Suburban

My dash on my 2012 Suburban started cracking over the passenger airbag a little over a year ago. Within the past month I have noticed 2 more cracks in my dash, one behind my steering wheel on the left side of the dash and the other is to the right of the steering wheel on the dash. I have called the local dealership and questioned if a recall has been issued for this defect since there are hundreds to thousands of other people with the same issue. I don't feel that we should be responsible for replacing the dash board cover and shelling out over $900. Especially when Chevrolet is aware that multiple models are having the same exact issue. It's clearly a defect..

- Lake City, FL, USA

Jun 102015

Suburban

Dashboard has cracked in multiple places and I'm concerned this may affect safety features such as airbags. Also have the same issue (but much worse) in my Chevrolet Avalanche. These dashboards are cheap and flimsy.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 012016

Suburban

The front has a large crack which is getting worse every day. Causing the dash to rattle constantly event at slow speeds.

- Severna Park, MD, USA

Jun 052016

Suburban

The top dash board in front of driver seat and the passenger seat has cracked and I have read the it could possible affect the airbag. The crack on the driver side is about 12 inches and the passenger side is about 6 inches. The vehicle was park at my house when I notices these cracks.

- Barnesville, GA, USA

Feb 022016

Suburban

Dashboard has cracked. Vehicle was stationary. I'm concerned that in the event of an accident, sharp plastic pieces could be dangerous.

- Parker, CO, USA