2015 Chevrolet Suburban engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban:

2015 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Dec 182015

Suburban

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact stated that a strange odor was present in the vehicle. Several occupants endured migraines, vertigo, nausea, and vomiting while in the vehicle. Medical attention was not required. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. Several components were repaired, but the failure was persistent. The failure mileage was approximately 18,351.

- Holland, MI, USA

Jul 042016

Suburban

A/C no cold air. I went to dealership and they tested and said there's huge hole. Apparently they only said small leak. They replaced with new condenser. I was forced to pay nearly 1,400. Also resurface front disc brake. This is brand new vehicle and over 20 vehicles I know have same issues. There should be recall on this vehicle. I went to dealer and they said deal with GM. I went to GM they won't resolve my issues.

- Lorton, VA, USA

Jul 162015

Suburban

We have multiple problems with our new Suburban. After traveling slowly or coasting in traffic, when I try to accelerate the vehicle won't go and when it finally decides to go it shudders and vibrates badly, it also does this from a complete stop, been to the dealer 2 times so far this and the last time they told me "it is a normal characteristic of vehicle". it is a very bad one and it will cause a wreck! the radio display flickers all the time even when back up camara is on, GM has no fix for this yet either! the vehicle sticker says it has heated/ac seats, it doesn't have A/C seats, they are airrated from the air in vehicle, that was a total misrepresentation of the product on the sales sticker. GM rep had us test drive another Suburban and we drove 3 different ones and not one of the others did the things our does. When we informed GM of this they said sorry we don't qualify for a buyback/replacement. GM doesn't care to help and its their very expensive product. I hope no one dies or is injured from the hesitations that GM know these vehicles have that is 0.7 seconds before the vehicle will engage or reengage when excelerating from a slow roll or a complete stop.

- Oak Leaf, TX, USA

Mar 022015

Suburban

When driving the 2015 Suburban we experience an awful ear pressure and vibration. The car is not drivable and is causing headaches and vertigo. The problem is known by service techs and GM. They believe there is a problem when the car transitions from V8 to V4. There are multiple forums online regarding the issue. GM has not issued a fix as of yet. From what I have read, the problem is found in 2015 Suburban, escalades, and Yukon XLS. We purchased the vehicle with 1750 miles on it. After putting 500 miles on it, we cannot wait to get rid of it, and have attempted to initiate a buyback procedure with GM.

- Hatfield, MA, USA

Oct 162014

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

The vehicle had approximately 3500 miles when returned to dealership. The primary issue was "running rough." The vehicle was in the repair shop over five weeks. In three incidents picked up the vehicle when it was supposedly fine. Within minutes the cecile stalled and starting to shutter. Warning indicators include engine and transmission system, emission system, stabilitrack stability control system, and antilock braking system. Vehicle unsafe to drive. The 2015 Suburban was newly designed. Repair bulletins were issued. Vehicle recently picked up and still "runs rough." The vehicle handles differently as it shifts from V4 to V8 (fuel economy design) when slowing. This makes the vehicle handling inconsistent depending what mode it is operating and can be unsafe. Other potential safety issues when raining, the rear camera (backup) is not functional. Also, when starting in reverse, there is an extended period the "computer is loading" and their is no input although your backing up. In essence, the rear backup warning system is not functional.

- Campbell, CA, USA

Dec 252014

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

The vehicle completely stalls and loses all power. It usually happens when you run the vehicle on the highway and have to come to a stop after exiting. In my case I drove the vehicle for an hour and half and exited the express way. Once, I exited and slowed down to come to a complete stop the engine starts to run rough and just before you completely stop it stalls out. This has happened at least sevne times on a 1400 mile trip. It even happens when you come to a stop behind other cars. You can put it in park or neutral and the vehicle will restart.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA