2015 Chevrolet Suburban suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban:

2015 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Sep 072016

Have had our vehicle in the dealership 3 times for road/tire vibration from ?tires or suspension. Dealership has changed 3 of 4 tires could not get road forced balances with 22 inch tires. Dealership claims bad batch of tires from Bridgestone. Vibration has continued at speeds of 70-80 mph. It all began after the first service at 5792 mile and tire rotation. Vehicle was brought back to dealership advising of vibration in steering wheel and both front seats. Dealership claimed that they were not able to get tires balanced. Had to order 3 different sets of replacement tires with no prevail. Brought back again for second required service and dealership has rotated the tires for a second time.

- Grand Haven, MI, USA

Mar 012015

Tire vibration 40-45 mph and 64 + replaced both rear tires all 4 shocks reprogram ride control, transmission not shifting when coming out of a turn and passing, rear end noise, mirrors not removing condensation 7.5 min on left, 2 min on right. Noise coming from sunroof after rain sounds like bubbles, dvd screen rattle behind driver, air noise coming from around drivers and passengers windows, these are ongoing problems.

- Alachua, FL, USA

Nov 122014

When driving over a pothole or small bump, the suspension seems to let go and the car jumps very abnormally. We only had 30K miles and I believe this is a suspension problem. The shocks make a lot of noise when we go towards a pothole. We went to the dealership to complain about the shocks and they said there was no problem with the shocks. Soon after, I had to change the front left shock because the service department said it was leaking. They did not notice this in the beginning and suddenly made me pay $650 to change the front left shock. Recently, I had to go change my right shocks and pay for that too, another $700 dollar service. It is unacceptable to have both of my front shocks changed within 1 and 1/2 year. I am not the only one who has been having these problems, several of my friends have also had this problem with this model. We have all sent forward a complaint for the noise and suspension problems. I believe it can be unsafe in the future if it is not taken care of. The steering wheel makes a lot of clinking noise when turning. We went to the dealership and had to replace the steering wheel column within a mere 20K miles. The dealership did not see any problem with the shocks or steering wheel. We currently still hear a clinking noise, as if something is broken on the inside. My warranty is over now and this needs to be fixed. This should not be a problem for a car this new at all. It is unacceptable and I should not have to go to a dealership and waste time and money on it. The seat on the right hand side has cracked two times already. The frame was cracked and we had to have it replaced within the warranty two times now. This is ridiculous and the servicemen have also noticed and said they have seen this problem as well. My warranty is now over and I cannot go back for a third time to fix it if it happens.

- Selden, NY, USA

Mar 212015

Vehicle is creating a buffeting, pressure sound and sensation at low to mid range speeds. Creating headache, dizziness and strain.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA