2007 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Jul 022012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dashboard cracks with sharp edges around airbag causing noisy airbag area vibration and separation form dashboard, it is scary thing to have when my wife or one of the kids in the vehicle with me.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jul 162014

Dash around airbags is cracking and failing. It's a very common problem and GM refuses to rectify. Conceivably a piece of dash could break off during an airbag deployment.

- Florence, SC, USA

Jul 042014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dashboard cracked due to heat. On going problem with these vehicles first they crack on driver side and then passenger side. Worried about the air bag deploying.

- Garland , TX, USA

Jun 112010

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have had the dash crack in 4 different places; two on the driver side on each side of the steering column and two other around the airbag. The two around the airbag have made it so that there is free piece of plastic that is not secured by anything. I am afraid that if the air bag was to deploy then this piece would cause great bodily harm to anyone in the vehicle. The manufacturer knows of this issue and is not offering to replace the dash without some sort of compensation.

- Mary Esther, FL, USA

Jul 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash cracked where the passenger air bag is located. I fear that the air bags will puncture if deployed or the passenger will be injured due to dash pieces being projected at them.

- Allen, TX, USA

Sep 112013

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash cracked at corner of where the passenger air bag is located, and just recently the dash has cracked above the instrument panel. My fear is that in the event that the air bags are deployed the air bag itself might be punctured or bodily injury caused due to shards of plastic being projected into the air. I have owned numerous vehicles and have never had a dash to crack (I have lived in Texas my entire life) can't blame it on the Texas heat or use of armour all type cleaners. This is obviously a defective part. My SUV is in pristine condition except for the dash cracks.

- Vidor, TX, USA

Jul 182012

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and the dash is cracked from one end to the other and is starting to crack on the side by the radio. I feel the whole dash can fall in, but there has been no recall. I have a friend who has the same year Tahoe and it is an ltz and he is having the same problem.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 042013

Dash is brittle and cracked around airbag, might cause a price to be broke off and projected into my wife or kids face causing death.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Apr 022010

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash has two cracks around the airbag housing and three other cracks (2 over 5" long). Concern is mainly at airbag location as I am not sure if this affects the stability of the airbag, if the airbag will perform properly in a collision, or if the plastic pieces will become projectiles in the event of airbag deployment.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

May 022014

Tahoe 8-cyl

The right side of my dash at the pass. Air bag cracked about two inches well driving down I 95.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Apr 012010

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash is cracked on the drivers side starting from close the windshield towards the instrument panel. Another crack on the passenger side starting from close to the windshield and continues on to where the airbag deploys. Also peeled chrome on the inside of the driver and passenger side doors revealing sharp edges. I though these issue were a fluke. But, I am finding this is a recurring issue among many owners.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Car has cracks in dashboard with loose pieces of plastic around airbag. Worried that if the airbag deploys, pieces of sharp plastic could injure someone.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 092013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I noticed a crack in my dashboard about 5 months ago. This crack is directly beside the passenger side airbag and is about 1-2 inches long. The opposite end of the crack (not connected to the airbag) has splintered off into more than just one crack. My concern is if the air bag is deployed, will this cause shattering and debris to fly into the face of my passengers and myself?

- Washington, NC, USA

Jan 152014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Gaping crack that runs into air bag area, the exact same as the thousands of people who have also had this issue - google search GM Yukon and Tahoe cracked dash groups.

- Baskin, LA, USA

Apr 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I was turning onto the street where my residence is located, making a right turn (passenger side), and I heard a very loud "pop" on the passenger side of the vehicle interior. Upon pulling into my driveway, I activated the interior lights of the vehicle for further inspection. I discovered my dash cracked from the passenger side airbag down into the front defogger vent. I have researched this issue and it seems that it is quite widespread.

- Carlinville, IL, USA

Mar 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

While vehicle was sitting still not running, not in use. Vehicle was setting in my driveway, weather was around 45-50 degrees and the dash cracked in 3 spots, 2 spaces above the instrument cluster and one over the air bag area., I have did extensive research on internet and verified that there is several cases of this happening in this particuler make/model and year of vehicle. If there was an accident the material from the dash cracking could cause cuts/or extensive wounds by producing flying debis from the air bag going off since the dash is cracking over the air bags. I have contacted GM/Chevrolet and had the vehicle inspected per their request, they didn't admit there wasn't a manufacturing flaw but they denied repairing the vehicle stating that I wasn't the original owner even though I bought GM dealreship. The service department where the vehicle was inspected verified the cracks in the dash and they were very large.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Mar 012012

The Chevrolet Tahoe and Yukon both have defects in the dashboard on the passenger side that houses the airbag. I believe this to be a safety factor that GMC is aware of. After writing to customer relations regarding my dashboard, they sent me to the dealer to have it replaced even though my car was out of warranty. In less than 3 months, the new dashboard cracked in the same location. I respectfully request that for the safety of all owners of these vehicles that GMC become liable for repairs. Please see the following links: Https://

- Harlem, GA, USA

Jan 032011

Tahoe 8-cyl

Cracked front dash on right side near air bag afraid that it could deploy prematurely.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 032009

In our 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe the dash is cracked just above the passenger side airbag which could cause serious injury in a crash. The interior wiring must be faulty, the passenger window sometimes won't roll down from drivers side, but sometimes it will. Also our battery mounts different than what is called for in automotive centers (top mount, not side) making it difficult to order proper battery for this vehicle.

- Haysi, VA, USA

Jan 052014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I am concerned about the safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants. The dash in the truck cracked out of no where and is very poorly made. This should be replaced asap by automaker.

- Milpitas, CA, USA