2007 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Oct 082009

Tahoe

I noticed a small crack in my dash along the passenger side airbag at about 40,000 miles. The dash is now cracked in 5 to 6 different places above the steering wheel. Very frustrating to pay $50,000 for such poor quality. My Tahoe has always been garage kept. I am worried that my front passenger side air bag is affected by this and that if it does deploy in the event of an accident that all the cracked pieces of hard plastic from the dash will be hazardous. Also when driving you can hear the loud rattles from the dash.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Oct 142015

Tahoe

Door handles are peeling and caused my child to get a cut and bleed, lights on inside of the truck keep turning on and off seem spoke electrical shortage

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Oct 132011

Tahoe

The dashboard has cracked in two places. One crack is in the drives side and another crack is in the area near the passenger side airbag. I question whether the crack is going to have an impact on the performance of the airbag and/or potentially cause an issue or injury if the airbag if ever deployed.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Oct 132015

Tahoe

The chrome on the interior door handle is peeling, is very sharp and caused cuts on fingers when the door was opened. The cuts led to continued bleeding.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Sep 042015

Tahoe

While cleaning the dashboard I heard a loud noise and noticed it had cracked in two places. One over the drivers side "hump" and the other at the air bag. It now has three cracks.

- Dickson, TN, USA

Sep 112010

Tahoe

The top part of the dashboard has cracks across the entire top spanning from driver to passenger side.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 022011

Tahoe

Hi to whom it may concern, I'm contacting you guys in concerns of a cracked dashboard that initially started around my airbag area and later on continued cracking over my instrument panel. In do time I really think my dash will have holes in it allowing one to see all of my electrical parts and whatsoever. This is going to impose a vehichle safety issue do to if god forbid one gets into an accident of any type and da airbag deploys, all of that sharp plastic will be embedded into our faces, etc. GM needs to issue an recall because this is not considered a normal wear and tear issue being that what activity takes place on my dashboards!

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Sep 012015

Tahoe

Cleaning vehicle and while wiping down dash noticed big crack in dash on passenger side at corner of airbag.

- Richmond, IN, USA

Aug 142012

Tahoe

Dashboard has a large crack in front of driver

- Brooksville, FL, USA

Oct 022014

Tahoe

The vehicles dash board cracked near the air bag. There is sharp plastic around the air bag that may create a safety issue.

- Wappingers , NY, USA

Sep 012014

Tahoe

Cracks appeared on the dash around the passenger airbag and above the driver side instrument cluster.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe

1. lift gate failed and hurt my arm on or about Jan 1 2014. I need repaired asap! 2. dashboard cracked above steering column and cracked by air bag passenger side. I need repaired asap. GM refused to acknowledge thousands of consumers having the same effects to their dashboard. 3. timing chain went off time and bent a cylinder which caused serious damage 9/2014 cost of damages at approximate $4500 GM refused to acknowledge deficiencies. I paid out of pocket the $4500 with no assistance. I also paid $250 for estimates at the GM dealer in kingston mass. They refused to help and give assistance on any of these 3 major safety problems after submitting the dealer bona fide report.

- Centerville, MA, USA

Apr 112015

Tahoe

All of sudden my dash on passager side, over air bag show a crack, and as the time went by is cracking even more. I just went to Chevrolet yesterday, to see what could be done, and the first thing I heard was that was very commom, but since I'm out of warranty, that should cost around $ 1300 to be replaced. Since is common, and I was looking on line, they should replace at their cost not ours.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 012012

Tahoe

Chrome plating on interior door handles are peeling leaving sharp and jagged edges causing cuts on hand and fingers. Also, interior door panels' retaining clips are popping out causing panels to separate from the door.

- Vallejo, CA, USA

May 012012

Tahoe

I want to add to the known issue with the cracked dashboards on this series of GM trucks. I have a crack just above the passenger side airbag. The second crack is above the gauge panel on the drivers side. My concern is the crack on the passenger side. I fear that if in a crash, the plastic on the dash will fragment and send sharp pieces flying. This is a safety issue.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 122010

Tahoe

Dash cracked around the passenger airbag and numerous other places. Plastic pieces cracking and falling off where it used to be attached.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 012014

Tahoe

Ignition switch turns off while driving and car is moving over bumps on the road

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 012014

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 202012

Tahoe

Chevy Tahoe dash cracked and began breaking apart. Crack above passenger airbag that would likely result in sharp projectiles if airbag deployed. Crack also occurred above instrument cluster. Dash was replaced in January 2012 and then cracked and had to be replaced again approx. 1.5 years later in 2013. This is a major defect. A google search of Chevy Tahoe/Suburban cracked dash will illustrate the extent of this defect.

- Atlantic Beach, FL, USA

May 242011

Tahoe

Chrome peeling off of driver interior door handle sliced finger of driver while actuating the door handle to exit the vehicle. Minor injury treated with out-patient care. Upon detailed inspection, both interior front door handles exhibit same characteristic of sharp, peeling chrome on the top of the handle. Chevrolet dealer advised that Chevrolet was aware of issue but offered no remedy to the cause.

- Magnolia, TX, USA