2007 Chevrolet Tahoe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Feb 122010

Tahoe

Dash cracked around the passenger airbag and numerous other places. Plastic pieces cracking and falling off where it used to be attached.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 162014

Tahoe 8-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Airbag deployment failure during an accident.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Nov 252014

Tahoe 8-cyl

About couple months ago we notice about an 8 inch long crack on the dashboard above the cluster driver side. And I first thought it had to be sun damage. So pretty bum about it. Then recently about a week ago watching the local news on tv. There was a similar issue about crack dashboards. And then checking on this website there's multiple very identical issues. So now in hope there's a recall coming soon. And also notice the inside door handles the chrome is coming apart leaving really sharp edges. So I notice there's similar complaints in regards to this door handles.

- Lathrop, CA, USA

Nov 252014

Tahoe

Dashboard cracked at left corner of airbag as well as cracking above the left side of the instrument panel. The crack over the airbag is what concerns me in that my airbag may not deploy correctly in the event of an accident or may cause significant harm from chards of plastic being sent at me...

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dashboard on the passenger side around the air bag has cracked significantly and the area on either side of the air bag cover are bowing up. It appears that where is a significant risk of the dashboard fragmenting if the air bag were to be deployed.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Apr 222014

Tahoe 8-cyl

My 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe has multiple cracks in the dashboard above the instrument panel and airbag. This is a very serious safety issue with pieces braking off if the airbags were to go off in a accident.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Aug 012014

Tahoe

Noticed cracks in dashboard. 1. above instrument cluster approx.6 " vertical to driver, 2nd is at the upper left corner of passenger air bag. Safety concern is flying projectile (s) of dash plastic to driver and or passengers if air bag(s) are deployed.

- Lackawanna, NY, USA

Oct 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have two cracks in my dashboard. One is huge over the drivers side control cluster and the second, I believe, poses a big safety concern. The second crack is at the corner of the passenger airbag. I'm concerned that the airbag will not deploy with this defect and if it does the sharp edges/shards of the dash will either injure the passenger and/or others in the car, or rip the airbag making it useless. Airbags are a legal requirement. I have been on many forums and pages regarding the Chevy Tahoe and there are hundreds of people with this very same problem. I really believe GM/Chevy should order a recall. I also have a minor claim about the rubber on the steering wheel and the paint on the stereo/climate control buttons. All of which is peeling off. I have also see hundreds of writings about this problem. We have already had to replace the steering wheel and stereo/climate control. And the problem persisted on the new items. I paid way to much for the vehicle to be doing this. I also have no intentions of getting a new car; however, as they problem persist, especially the safety issues. I just may be forced to.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 042014

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

There are two cracks in my dashboard around the airbag areas. This should never happen! wondering if it will affect my airbags from working properly.

- Boise, ID, USA

Sep 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dashboard cracked at left corner of airbag as well as cracking above the left side of the instrument panel. The crack over the airbag concerns me in that my airbag may not deploy correctly in the event of an accident or may cause significant harm from chards of plastic.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash is cracked in 3 places as of today 9/30/14 and one place is next to the passenger side airbag.

- Lindale, TX, USA

Apr 162013

Tahoe

My dashboard cracked and I'm concerned about my airbags. I guess a lot of the Chevy Tahoe have had issues with the dashboard cracking.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 302014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Passenger side dash cracked adjacent to airbag, very concerned about integrity of airbag system and possible safety issue.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 122012

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked on both driver and passenger side near airbags. My fear is that due to that the airbags wont function properly.

- Garland, TX, USA

Sep 202010

Tahoe 8-cyl

My dash cracked, on it's own. I'm sure this has to effect my airbag functionality. I have a huge crack on my driver's side behind the steering wheel.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Jul 022012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dashboard cracks with sharp edges around airbag causing noisy airbag area vibration and separation form dashboard, it is scary thing to have when my wife or one of the kids in the vehicle with me.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jul 162014

Tahoe

Dash around airbags is cracking and failing. It's a very common problem and GM refuses to rectify. Conceivably a piece of dash could break off during an airbag deployment.

- Florence, SC, USA

Jun 112010

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have had the dash crack in 4 different places; two on the driver side on each side of the steering column and two other around the airbag. The two around the airbag have made it so that there is free piece of plastic that is not secured by anything. I am afraid that if the air bag was to deploy then this piece would cause great bodily harm to anyone in the vehicle. The manufacturer knows of this issue and is not offering to replace the dash without some sort of compensation.

- Mary Esther, FL, USA

Jul 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash cracked where the passenger air bag is located. I fear that the air bags will puncture if deployed or the passenger will be injured due to dash pieces being projected at them.

- Allen, TX, USA

Jun 012013

Tahoe 8-cyl

My vehicle have several severe cracks in the dashboard from poor quality materials. This defect is causing concern about the safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants.

- Ontario, CA, USA