Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Aug 082012

The speedometer has stopped working and I have seen this on a lot of Chevy but the Trailblazer is not on the recall list. It should be!

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 042016

"takata recall" we just purchased this car from my husband's deceased mother's estate and it had a recall on the lighting inside and outside tail lights. The vehicle has 83 thousand miles on it and the vehicle rear lights are not working when I brake only one that is is the third light on top of car. GM (Chevrolet) I live on a very limited income and due to disability as well. My income is 1330 a month. How can I get this fixed? they want to charge me for diagnostics, as I stated we fixed it once it seems to be that it may get hot and blows fuses and then I have no idea I have no tail lights this is very dangerous and someone could rear end me and kill themselves and or myself. Please help me in understanding are they responsible to fix their defects as they did it once when it was recalled and we also just bought this car. Paid about 5 thousand for it. Excellent condition. Other than the lighting system not working only on and off. I have not had an accident but I do not want to have a accident. I find it unfair that they dont want to fix the problem unless they are paid because apparently it is a problem that is and will recur. We have actually fixed the problem once but apparently something is wrong that we cannot secure the issue properly. Kindest regards carolyn otoole.

- Lake Hamilton, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Gages cluster on dashboard stopped working. I know 8 people that have this issue on there vehicle. No speedometer, tach, battery, fuel and other gages went out. When you start vehicle, put it in drive and drive. Shut off and restart. Nothing this is a safety issue. Happened at 80K and then started working now doing it again at 149,000. Total safety issue since other Chevy models have this issue and was recalled!!!!!

- Denver, NC, USA

Dec 072015

Extended warranty fuel tank filler leak known issue with Chevrolet which affects other parts such fuel pump, fuel module, etc Chevrolet has been aware of this issue since 2007 and I just got a call from a senior advisor from Chevy stating that the "replacement part" is not going to be in until April.I find this unacceptable since I am driving around with a gas leak. The sa first started off, well we understand you are complaining about the part being back ordered. No I am mad because if they sent out letters to consumers, don't you think you should have the part in to fix the issues with the Trailblazer" Chevy is dragging its feet to fix its own warranty that it extended to consumers. The longer I drive around with this leak, the longer others parts such the fuel pump, fuel module, etc will fail and Chevy should cover these parts also. How does Chevy expect me to drive around for 5 months with a fuel leak"

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Nov 142014

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

First the RPM gauge stops working properly, then the temp and oil pressure gauge do the same. After all that you get a check gauges light and a annoying dinging noise that wont go away.

- Jefferson, TN, USA

Sep 032014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I was driving to go get pizza with my 15 year old granddaughter. Once at the pizza place I pulled into a parking space and proceeded to put my truck in park and went to turn off ignition switch and it wouldn't turn off. I became frightened because that was the 4th time that my car would not turn off. A nice man in the parking lot came over to try to assist me and he could not get it to turn off either. I was about to call 911 and I sat back in the drivers seat and the switch finally turned off. It stayed on 20 minutes before it cut off. Each time it has happened it has stayed on at least 10 minutes or longer. I have called the 1-800 number for Chevrolet each time this has happened and no one will help me. I am to the point where I am afraid to drive my truck but this is my only means of transportation. I understand that my vehicle has not been listed in the recall yet however, something is visibly wrong with my switch and I am requesting assistance with this. I fear for my safety driving my truck.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Nov 072011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Panel cluster failed with red blaring emergency light stays on and causes vehicle lights to stay on. Also causes vehicle not to shift properly. All dashboard component indicator fails which hazardous to safety of individual.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 012011

The passenger side exhaust manifold cracks. Once manifold cracks exhaust fumes make there way into the cabin of the car. Also the extra heat causes wires to melt and could be a possible fire hazard. After researching the failed part I have realized it is an extremely common problem with the Trailblazers and GM has done nothing to correct this failing part

- Poughquag, NY, USA

Sep 042010

I am filing a complaint.and will continue to file complaints until all of the consumers issues have been addressed. I understand that GM is not willing to hold theirselfs liable for these issues, but people spend pretty pennies out of pocket to purchase vehicles from these manufacturers to spend more money to pay for repairs after just a short while of owning these. I have researched issues I am having with my vehicle, and I am having all the above listed issues, and do not wish to spend large amounts of money to pay for these cost considering I am still paying for this vehicle. I just spoke with a representive about these complaints, and have set up an appoinment to pay a dealership for diagnostics, but am hoping that I can get closure on these issues without paying big expenses. I hope everyone else will follow suit and keep inputting your complaints until they are resolved. My vehicle issues are the fan clutch needs replaced, my gas tank has been replaced already, just replaced my serpintine belt this morning, my exterior lights (brake/turn signal) have been replaced 3 times over two months, and engine light keeps coming on, something doesnt seem right underneath this vehicle either. I just feel like I am paying for a peice of junk on top of paying to keep the vehicle running. Oh yea this vehicle has had to have thousands of dollars of body work done as well thanks to mother nature. I just hope they will be responsible enough to take on this responsibilty of theirs, not ours.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Dec 102010

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

2003 chev Trailblazer. Mileage is 95,000, speedometer shows misleading info, first started reading about 20 mph over actual speed, over the past month has increased, now at full stop reads about 100 mph, then when vehicle is moving the needle is pointed straight down, past 120 mph.

- La Luz, NM, USA

Dec 012010

The problem is this. I went to go somewhere at 5 am it was 44 degrees and raining. A light came on that said "ice on the roadway" another light came on that said "engine power reduced" so here I am going under 5 miles per hour on the freeway. Its 44 degrees and no ice. It has been doing this every since I bought it new in 2003. I have told them every time I take it in for a lube and oil change but they ignore me because they do not know how to fix it.

- Bremerton, WA, USA

Jan 162008

Second incident dashboard: Service brakes, antilock ABS warning light. Says to seek service. ABS malfunctioning any time it goes below minus 10 degrees for the past two years. Assume that the ABS system will not work, and it is a safety issue. Malfunctioning ABS. The first event we paid to have service bulletin check grounding of wheel and body sensors. The next year it went away after a day of the car not being used. Why doesn't the govenrment get Chevrolet to repair permanently the malfunction before any accidents occur.

- Sparta, WI, USA