2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems370NHTSA complaints: 182
- electrical problems90NHTSA complaints: 339
- fuel system problems76NHTSA complaints: 561
- AC / heater problems58NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems48NHTSA complaints: 88
- lights problems41NHTSA complaints: 84
- transmission problems29NHTSA complaints: 23
- exterior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 10
- windows / windshield problems17NHTSA complaints: 22
- exhaust system problems12NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems11NHTSA complaints: 46
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 19
- cooling system problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 16
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 22
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 19
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.