2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems482NHTSA complaints: 191
- engine problems91NHTSA complaints: 117
- lights problems71NHTSA complaints: 93
- AC / heater problems61NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems30NHTSA complaints: 23
- electrical problems25NHTSA complaints: 385
- windows / windshield problems22NHTSA complaints: 28
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 21
- seat belts / air bags problems11NHTSA complaints: 57
- drivetrain problems7NHTSA complaints: 20
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 589
- exhaust system problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 16
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- cooling system problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 15
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 30
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.