- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 2 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 5 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 8 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 9 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 9 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- electrical malfunction9
- panel burned up the regulated blower, which burned wires5
- battery not holding charge4
- alternator whining3
- starter not working3
- fuse block shorted out1
- loud cracking noise1
- NHTSA: Electrical System391
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator9
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.