- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 4 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 7 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 10 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 51 days ago
- June 3: GM Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles the Automaker Says Are Safe recalls | 55 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- electrical malfunction9
- panel burned up the regulated blower, which burned wires5
- battery not holding charge4
- alternator whining3
- starter not working3
- fuse block shorted out1
- loud cracking noise1
- NHTSA: Electrical System395
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator9
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.