2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light is on26
- head lights dim and brighten19
- doors lock by themselves7
- electrical malfunction6
- door lost power5
- panel burned up the regulated blower, which burned wires5
- oil pressure gauge fluctuating3
- starter not working3
- sudden unintended acceleration3
- wiring to headlight melted3
- alternator whining2
- battery not holding charge2
- dash gauges not working properly2
- remote keyless entry failure2
- control lights on door come on and off1
- fuse block shorted out1
- loud cracking noise1
- master buttons will not operate windows1
- NHTSA: Electrical System323
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator9
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.