2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2007 Trailblazer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems67NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems13NHTSA complaints: 115
- fuel system problems9NHTSA complaints: 284
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 24
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 51
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.