- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Chevrolet service shop immediately!
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer AIR BAGS:FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #06V417000
Summary: Certain vehicles originally built with cloth seats that were equipped with an automatic air bag passenger sensing system and later reupholstered with aftermarket leather seat cover kits are involved. Testing has indicated that the aftermarket leather seat covers can cause the passenger sensing system to malfunction.
Consequence: If the passenger sensing system malfunctions, the front air bag on the passenger side may be disabled when it should be enabled, or enabled when it should be disabled. In either case, in the event of a crash that requires air bag deployment, a front passenger's level of injury may be increased.
Actions: Because a replacement leather seat cover that is compatible with the passenger sensing system is not available, General Motors (GM) will repurchase these vehicles in accordance with the terms stated in GM's letter to owners. The recall began on November 6, 2006. Owners should contact GM at 1-877-477-1022 to begin the process of repurchasing their vehicle. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #06V417000 »
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD NHTSA Campaign #05V035000
Summary: Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 212, 'windshield mounting.' The windshield urethane bead may not have adhered to the body in certain areas during the cure process.
Consequence: If a crash occurs, the windshield may not be retained, increasing the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant.
Actions: Dealers will replace the windshield free of charge. The recall began on March 10, 2005. Owners may contact Buick at 1-866-608-8080, Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438, or GMC at 1-866-996-9463. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #05V035000 »