- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 23 days ago
- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 48 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 51 days ago
Speedometer Stopped Working
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,449 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 86 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (56 reports)
- replace instrument cluster (22 reports)
- use a GPS on the dash (5 reports)
- not fixed, too expensive (1 reports)
- replace stepper motors on gauges in instrument cluster (1 reports)
- unhook battery, then reconnect (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem