- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 32 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 37 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 38 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 41 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 53 days ago
Speedometer Stopped Working
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,449 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 86 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (56 reports)
- replace instrument cluster (22 reports)
- use a GPS on the dash (5 reports)
- not fixed, too expensive (1 reports)
- replace stepper motors on gauges in instrument cluster (1 reports)
- unhook battery, then reconnect (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem