- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on35
- engine stalls/shuts off while driving8
- whine that fluctuates with engine speed7
- shakes horribly6
- engine stalls out when stopping4
- secondary air pump failure4
- engine turns over but won't start3
- no power and no engine code3
- sudden unintended acceleration3
- air intake compressor died1
- broken valve spring1
- engine knocking1
- excessive oil consumption1
- pollution control module failure1
- trailblazer engine is actually a Suzuki engine1
- vibrating at first start up and stops1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control51
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Engine10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.