- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 21 days ago
- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 46 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 49 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2005 Trailblazer engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on38
- engine stalls/shuts off while driving14
- whine that fluctuates with engine speed7
- shakes horribly6
- secondary air pump failure5
- sudden unintended acceleration4
- engine turns over but won't start3
- no power and no engine code3
- air intake compressor died2
- cracked exhaust manifold2
- engine knocking2
- broken valve head1
- broken valve spring1
- excessive oil consumption1
- pollution control module failure1
- trailblazer engine is actually a Suzuki engine1
- vibrating at first start up and stops1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control67
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling30
- NHTSA: Engine24
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.