CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

9.6

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Mar 282012

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

I bought this 2005 chevy in feb of 2006. I have had nothing but problems since the day that I bought it. First the fuel sensor went and my engine light and fuel light would stay on. Had that fixed at an unbelievable cost. Now I am told that my evap leak Detection pump was full of water, like I drove it into a pool and left if there. That got drained and dried all the contacts and replaced and the engine light is on again. I was told that I would have to live with it on. We have emission test here in MD and you can not have any lights on the dashboard or they will not test it. I also have an oil gauge that will not register the oil pressure and had the oil sending unit replaced and still doesn't work. I believe in buying US but not after this money hunger truck. I will go back to Mazda. I had one with 287,000 miles on it before it started to nickle and dime me. My next car will be Mazda for sure!!!! Chevy you suck!!!!!!!!

- , Frederick, Maryland, USA

Dec 072012

Trailblazer 4.2L

Upon further investigation, I realized Chevy is well aware of the air pump /check engine light problem. These rat bastards are producing vehicles that are purposefully designed to malfunction so that you have to go back to them for the parts/repairs. Purchasing this 2005 Trailblazer has been a nightmare. No wonder Consumer Reports has listed it as "worst of the worst" in a 2012 issue. When I contacted a GM parts store they want $389 for a plastic piece of crap that is sure to only last for a short period of time. The designers, engineers, and corporate rat bastards that delight and profit in this type of repair, should be in a jail cell next to bernie madoff.

- , Bowie, MD, USA

May 032012

Trailblazer EX V6

Another issue check engine light is on now wtf no telling what that will cost and I have to live on fixed income.

- , Asheville, N.C, USA

Apr 122012

Trailblazer LS V6

My engine light has been on forever, the fuel sending unit was replaced in april, then i replaced the thermostat, and now my temperature needle does not work, the temperature light is constantly coming on, you cannot tell if the car is warm or not, the main problem is the fact that the engine is accelerating when i'm not on the gas or just in park, like it wants to take off, when I'm driving, and I stop at a light or stop sign, I have to hold the brakes down really hard or the car will take off, I'm almost afraid I will get in to an accident because the car seems to want to drive by it self. also when I start it sometimes the ignition seems to get stuck and continuously starts but never catches and I find myself having to hit the gas in order to get it started, this is bullshit, My warranty is up and I have put at least 1500 in this truck within the last month besides making the payments. i have heard several people complaining, we need a recall, now the mechanic is telling me I have to take it to a Chevy dealer of which I cannot afford, because my computer needs to be reset, if anyone is out there listening please give me some advice,

- , Rochester, NY, USA

Jun 012011

Trailblazer 4.2L

TOOK CAR TO DEALERSHIP FOR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BEING ON, THEY DID NOT HAVE THE CAR THIRTY MINUTES AND CALLED TO TELL ME THAT I NEEDED A NEW ENGINE. THEY SAID THE CAMSHAFT THRUST WASHER WAS WORE OUT AND INTO BLOCK ALONG WITH THE CRANKSHAFT THRUST WASHERS ALLOWING CRANK TO MOVE BACK AND FORTH. CAR SERVICED REGULARLY WITH SYNTHETIC OIL. THIS SHORT AMOUNT OF DIAGNOSTIC TIME AND CONCLUSION THAT I NEED A NEW ENGINE LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THIS MAY BE A COMMON PROBLEM. CRANK MOVEMENT HAS NOW KNOCKED FRONT SEAL OUT OF TRANSMISSION AND IT IS POURING FLUID. THIS CAR HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE SINCE BEING PURCHASED AND I HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH CHEVROLET WHO DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER CHEVROLET, TOLD THEM THAT AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN BLINK. HOPE THEY DON'T TREAT ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT WAY. MAY BE THE REASON THEY NEEDED BAILING OUT OF BANKRUPTCY.

- , Gibsonville, NC, USA