- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 4 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 7 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 10 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 51 days ago
- June 3: GM Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles the Automaker Says Are Safe recalls | 55 days ago
Check Engine Light On
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,137 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 38 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace engine (2 reports)
- there is none (2 reports)
- replace injector and 02 sensor (1 reports)
- replace map sensor (1 reports)
- replaced the thermostat (1 reports)