- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 6 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 9 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 12 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 13 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 13 days ago
Check Engine Light On
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,137 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 38 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace engine (2 reports)
- there is none (2 reports)
- replace injector and 02 sensor (1 reports)
- replace map sensor (1 reports)
- replaced the thermostat (1 reports)