2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems: check engine light on

Check Engine Light On

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

7.5

2. there is none (2 reports)
  3. replace engine (1 reports)
  4. replace injector and 02 sensor (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 162012

Trailblazer LS

I'm disgusted with the amount of times my check engine light comes on. I have invested over 5,000 in repairs while still having to make car payments to pay off my loan. I have already replaced the secondary air injection pump in 2012 and have to do so again because of your poor design!!!! I have replaced multiple parts in this car. My car is always in the garage. I have always purchased Chevy's but this will be my last one. When i look up complaints there are thousands on this 2005 trailblazer. At what point do you start making recalls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Oswego, NY, USA

Mar 102014

Trailblazer LX 6

I HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH MY 2005 TRAILBLAZER, THE FUEL PUMP & LIGHT THE SPEED HAND, THE OIL HAND. HAVE GOTTEN SO MANY TICKETS BECAUSE OF DEFAULT IN MY SUV. MY TRUCK HAVEN'T MADE IT TO TEN YEARS OLD YET. THIS WAS MY DREAM TRUCK & NOW GM JUST PUT PEOPLE'S LIVES OUT THERE LIKE THEY HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY. WHEN I'VE TAKEN TO GM IN GA. THAT WONT HELP OR CHEVROLET WHERE I'M AT THEY CHARGE TOO MUCH. IT'S BAD ENOUGH SPENT MY SAVINGS FOR THIS TRUCK. IT'S TOO MUCH TO HAVE SOMETHING GONE WRONG EVERY TIME YOU GET IN YOUR TRUCK.

- , Tifton, GA, USA

Mar 282012

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

I bought this 2005 chevy in feb of 2006. I have had nothing but problems since the day that I bought it. First the fuel sensor went and my engine light and fuel light would stay on. Had that fixed at an unbelievable cost. Now I am told that my evap leak Detection pump was full of water, like I drove it into a pool and left if there. That got drained and dried all the contacts and replaced and the engine light is on again. I was told that I would have to live with it on. We have emission test here in MD and you can not have any lights on the dashboard or they will not test it. I also have an oil gauge that will not register the oil pressure and had the oil sending unit replaced and still doesn't work. I believe in buying US but not after this money hunger truck. I will go back to Mazda. I had one with 287,000 miles on it before it started to nickle and dime me. My next car will be Mazda for sure!!!! Chevy you suck!!!!!!!!

- , Frederick, MD, USA

Dec 072012

Trailblazer 4.2L

Upon further investigation, I realized Chevy is well aware of the air pump /check engine light problem. These rat bastards are producing vehicles that are purposefully designed to malfunction so that you have to go back to them for the parts/repairs. Purchasing this 2005 Trailblazer has been a nightmare. No wonder Consumer Reports has listed it as "worst of the worst" in a 2012 issue. When I contacted a GM parts store they want $389 for a plastic piece of crap that is sure to only last for a short period of time. The designers, engineers, and corporate rat bastards that delight and profit in this type of repair, should be in a jail cell next to bernie madoff.

- , Bowie, MD, USA

Oct 112012

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

it is really crazy the amount of malfunctions this vehicle has had during the last seven years i would never buy chevy again......

- , Dayton, OH, USA

May 252012

Trailblazer LS

My service engine light comes on, so I hit the help button to call Onstar to see what the problem may be. Onstar ran an diagnostic on my truck and it gave a code for the throttle body. So i took my truck to a GM dealer and told them what had happen and asked them to fix it. They put a new throttle body on my truck $624.24. Ok, I picked up my truck a week later and drove it for a week and the same thing happened again. So I took it back to the dealership and they kept it for a couple of days and called me an told me that Accelerator Sensor Pedal needed replacing, that's the code it's giving out now. I said ok, let's replace it. $245.05. They repaired it and I picked it up. I drove the truck for about an month and the same thing happen again. So I took it back to the dealership. This time they called and the Control Marginal needed replacing. $682.87. I said, really ok let's replace it becasue I need my truck in tip top shape because I'm on night shift and I don't want it breaking down on the road on me. Ok, I picked my truck up a couple of days later. I planned a road trip to Ohio, I;m thinking I should be able to drive my truck since I haven't had any more problems since I picked it up last time. I was 500 miles away from home and the service engine light on again. I'm just praying that it didn't break down on me on the highway. I made it back home and took the truck back to the dealership. Now I'm starting to get a little up because I've spent all this money and I still have the same problem. They said, that the could have gotten some bad parts. So they replaced the parts that they had put on my truck. I went to pick it up and I didn't make if off the parking lot and the service engine light and the power down light came on. So I went back in the get the service manager and ask him to take a look at it. He said, Iet us keep it and we'll fix it. Ok, they called me two days later and tells me that it's ready they had to put an connector on the throttle body. So, I go again and pick it up and the same thing happened. So I go back in the dealership, this time the manager and the mechanic comes out to look at my truck. When they raised the hood I see wires everywhere. I said, I'm I supposed to be see wires like this, because I never seen them in all the year's I've had this truck. So again, they keep the truck and they're going to fix it. Seven days later I get a call from the and they tell me that it's the wiring Harness and they had to get with GM mechanics to find out what the problem was and that it would be $1,400.00 to fix it. I said, does that included the money that I've already spent. Course he said no. I ask him, did all the test they were running not show this before we replaced all the other parts that's not seeming to be the problem now. He said no, this is the problem. No more GM vehicles for me and my family.

- , Jackson, TN, USA

May 032012

Trailblazer EX V6

Another issue check engine light is on now wtf no telling what that will cost and I have to live on fixed income.

- , Asheville, NC, USA

Apr 122012

Trailblazer LS V6

My engine light has been on forever, the fuel sending unit was replaced in april, then i replaced the thermostat, and now my temperature needle does not work, the temperature light is constantly coming on, you cannot tell if the car is warm or not, the main problem is the fact that the engine is accelerating when i'm not on the gas or just in park, like it wants to take off, when I'm driving, and I stop at a light or stop sign, I have to hold the brakes down really hard or the car will take off, I'm almost afraid I will get in to an accident because the car seems to want to drive by it self. also when I start it sometimes the ignition seems to get stuck and continuously starts but never catches and I find myself having to hit the gas in order to get it started, this is bullshit, My warranty is up and I have put at least 1500 in this truck within the last month besides making the payments. i have heard several people complaining, we need a recall, now the mechanic is telling me I have to take it to a Chevy dealer of which I cannot afford, because my computer needs to be reset, if anyone is out there listening please give me some advice,

- , Rochester, NY, USA

Sep 082009

Trailblazer ES EXT 4.2L V6

Check engine light was on....took to dealership, ran diagnostics, couldn't find a problem that caused it. Mechanic stated that it meant that "The check engine light works".....great answer GM Certified technician. My guess is that he drives a foreign car. I have since traded this piece of crap in. Good riddance. Will NEVER buy another GM vehicle. Ever.

- , Sprtanburg, SC, USA

Feb 012010

Trailblazer LS

Okay so my engine light is on for no apparent reason and I hear it is going to cost a fortune to fix, so unless GM pays for it I will not get it fixed. I will never ever own another Chevy or GM product again.

- , Minden, LA, USA

Jun 012011

Trailblazer 4.2L

TOOK CAR TO DEALERSHIP FOR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BEING ON, THEY DID NOT HAVE THE CAR THIRTY MINUTES AND CALLED TO TELL ME THAT I NEEDED A NEW ENGINE. THEY SAID THE CAMSHAFT THRUST WASHER WAS WORE OUT AND INTO BLOCK ALONG WITH THE CRANKSHAFT THRUST WASHERS ALLOWING CRANK TO MOVE BACK AND FORTH. CAR SERVICED REGULARLY WITH SYNTHETIC OIL. THIS SHORT AMOUNT OF DIAGNOSTIC TIME AND CONCLUSION THAT I NEED A NEW ENGINE LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THIS MAY BE A COMMON PROBLEM. CRANK MOVEMENT HAS NOW KNOCKED FRONT SEAL OUT OF TRANSMISSION AND IT IS POURING FLUID. THIS CAR HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE SINCE BEING PURCHASED AND I HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH CHEVROLET WHO DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER CHEVROLET, TOLD THEM THAT AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN BLINK. HOPE THEY DON'T TREAT ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT WAY. MAY BE THE REASON THEY NEEDED BAILING OUT OF BANKRUPTCY.

- , Gibsonville, NC, USA

Oct 272011

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

More annoying than anything. You don't know if it is on because there is a problem in your engine or if it just on. Every time it has come on I take it and have it hooked up and it says that there is nothing wrong with the engine.

- , Canton, NC, USA

Jun 042008

Trailblazer LXT V6

I have had my car to the dealer and auto repair so many times and they have replaced so many things and the car still has the engine light on and drives like crap! This is the worst car ever!

- , Washington, MI, USA

Aug 172009

Trailblazer

bought this stupid trail blazer and now i need to fix all of its stupid problems. the check engine light is always on and i can't get it to shut off, it always comes right back on!

- , St Marys, PA, USA

Mar 182011

Trailblazer LX 4.2L V6

My engine light stays on all the time & it is not because I left the gas cap on loosely. I have been on several trips & it is still on. So I know it is not that. It is the cluster instrument panel. I think we all need a recall on trailblazers.

- , Lavonia, GA, USA

Apr 012011

Trailblazer LT 4.2L

the check engine light comes on from time to time then goes off.

- , Lovilia, IA, USA

Nov 302010

Trailblazer LS V6

Check engine light stays on for a couple days, goes off, comes back on, goes off, etc........Gas cap has nothing to do with it.

- , Ashville, OH, USA

Dec 042010

Trailblazer LS

Same time my spedometer quit working my engine light came on. Now it is a month later and the same thing just happened yesterday. Both times on the freeway. This will probly be the last Chevy I own. Is this how Chevy treats the people in the US that buy their vehicles? Next time I hear how broke you are and have to close another plant do you really think we will care? Not a good way to try to get this country back on its feet.

- , Crivitz, WI, USA

Jul 152009

Trailblazer LS 4.2L I6

MIL has been on and have had DTC po305 since about a year and a half after I bought this piece of SHI*!! I first noticed the Cruise control wouldn't work and was searching for the fix for it when I happened across some info which surprised me. It seems when the check engine light is on the cruise wont work. I scanned to figure out the code for the engine light and it was 305 which is misfire cylinder 5. I researched and found several possible causes for this and attacked them one at a time. I replaced the coil for #5 and cleared the code and it stayed clear for a while (and the cruise worked again) the light came back on and a re-scan showed 305 again. I did some more research and found out there is a known issue where one of the valve seats is bad and lets compression blow by causing a misfire to read. This is reported to be a $1200.00 plus repair which I cant afford. It seems some people have had it fixed under warranty but no amount of yelling or complaining have done me any good. Now, my truck won't pass Washington state emissions because they do OBD2 scanning on my year and since it throws that code it automatically fails. Even though I know it would pass an exhaust gas test I have to go pay a certified mechanic $150.00 to tell me exactly what I just typed here so I can get a waiver to get tabs for the truck I cant afford to fix or replace. Chevy really got me this time. NEVER AGAIN. I REALLY wanted a 2011 Camaro too. I was willing to pay way too much for it just because I wanted one since I was a teen in the 70's when I could have had a 69 z-28 almost new for around $3,000. Sorry for the rant although I guess thats why were here.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 122010

Trailblazer XLT 4.2L

The check engine light only comes on when towing a loaded trailer. turns off after a couple hundred miles.

- , Blue Springs, MO, USA