2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer transmission problems: transmission failure

Transmission Failure

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

9.5

$2,067.00

1. pay to rebuild the transmission (4 reports)
  2. replaced transmission (4 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Oct 112012

Trailblazer LTZ 4.3L

The transmission keeps jumping from Overdrive to high gear...back and forth, as well as it shutters when in Overdrive until you hit the gas and the truck then jumps to a higher gear and stops shuttering. A real pain in the ass when your driving over 600 Kilometer's pulling a trailer. Can't wait to see what this is going to cost me this time. Aside from that the AC doesn't work half the time.....could be due to the fact that the engine runs at 100 degrees constantly and shuts down the AC.....so maybe rad issue as well because I had a new thermostat and fluid replaced recently and it's cold out 2 to 8 degrees Celsius....WTF Chevy, get your sh*t together......No wonder the wife likes her Mercedes MLS 350.....damn it

- , St. Catharines, ON, canada

Oct 312010

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

First let me say this, I have always loved Chevy vehicles until 2 yrs ago when I bought this piece of s**t. I will never buy a Chevy ever again. I am a single mom of a 13 yr old servilely handicapped child and a 2yr old son, thinking this would be the best vehicle for my oldest son to be able to get in and out of I bought it. My oldest child and I are driving on the beltway and all of a sudden with NO warning , no warning lights came on my transmission drops, We are sitting like ducks in the middle of the beltway with no way to get out to a safer place with cars flying by us at 60-70mph. I just want to thank Chevy for endangering my son's & my life. You guys should be proud of yourselves for not caring who's lives you take or endanger to make money. If you're reading this I WARN you now do not buy a 2003 Chevy trailblazer!!!!!!!!

- , New Windosor, MD, USA

Nov 122010

Trailblazer ES 4.2L V6

we have a 03 trail blazer and it done good until one day it just quit pulling and we change the fluid and stuff and it done good again for awall and now it will pull in first and second but thrid and drive will not do any thing at all about 35 to 40 mile per hour is all you can do

- , Pineville, KY, USA

Dec 222009

Trailblazer LT 6 cyl

I bought my Trailblazer in DEC, 2009 used with 114,000 miles, at 115,000 miles the transmission goes out! Right before Christmas!! Wow, Luckily I purchased an extended warranty. I have a 4 wheel drive, it is suppose to light up all the time even in 2 wheel drive. Even after rebuilding the transmission the light works less than half the time.

I cannot believe how many people have had transmissions replaced in these trailblazers. Not to mention the fan clutch motor. I wish I had never bought one. I will NEVER buy another. This has really turned me against Cheverlot vehicles. Chevy hasnt done anything to help the consumer in the price of these replacements no recalls nothing. When will they recall the trailblazers for transmission and fan clutch motors?

- , Nashville, TN, USA

May 192010

Trailblazer

GM NEEDS TO RECALL THE TRANSMISSIONS ON THESE VEHICLES THEY PUT SHOTTY PARTS IN THEM AND THEY JUST GO OUT WITHOUT ANY WARNING OR HEADS UP WITH WARNING LIGHTS OR SHOWING ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE RUNNING OF THE VEHICLE... IT JUST GOES WITHOUT WARNING.. BEWARE... I CALL FOR GM TO RECALL THIS TRAILBLAZER!

- , New Salisbury, IN, USA

Jan 252010

Trailblazer 4.2L V6

Well not sure if this post is going with the other 29 I just read but here it goes. My wife complained end of last week that TB wasn't running right possibly during all the rainstorms we had. I asked a day or so later and she said it seemed a little better but not sure. Of course I forgot over the weekend to look. She kept an eye on it today. Not so bad in morning but on the way home was getting worse again. I drove it tonight and was surging just before 3rd gear consistently. I was thinking tranny but thought i would try some injector cleaner (Hoping for cheap fix) by the time I got to the store I had my doubts. Put it in and on the way home really noticed no 3rd gear (fastest speed limit in town in 40.) Then went for another drive after checking tranny fluid. (added about 1/3 QT if that to top off) went back out to main road and never got to 3rd gear. Reverse still works. By the time my 7 mile drive was done tranny now seems to whine and make noise. Wife not happy, grrr. Really GRRR now that once again we have a GM issue that sounds like will have no recourse. Last one was with the A/C on same vehicle because we changed out a dead battery. Not to mention some issues on our Avalanche that should have been taken care of but GM stated they would not and decided to back up the dealer who I refuse to go to again even though a history of vehicle purchases with them. Chevy??? Hmmm really beginning to wonder.

- , Fountain Hills, AZ, USA

Oct 182009

Trailblazer LT 4.2L Inline 6

Me and my wife just got this thing a month ago and we had driven it about 2 weeks and with out warning the transmission went out. There were no indication lights on or anything. My grandmother died and we drove this car down here to North Ga and it quit on us and we are stuck here for a few days or longer and this sucks butt.

- , Commerce, GA, USA

May 262009

Trailblazer LS 3.2L V6

Transmission went bad while driving on the expressway. With out any warning.

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 012008

Trailblazer LS V6

I AM REALLY FED UP. THE MILEAGE IS STRICTLY HIGHWAY MILES. NO TOWING DONE WITH THE VEHICLE AT ALL. I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER CHEVY AGAIN. THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE MANY PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD

- , Wilmington, OH, USA

Sep 212007

Trailblazer LT 3.2L V6

TRANSMISSION WENT OUT WITH NO WARNING AT 62,800 MILES. NO REAL REASON FOR IT EITHER. WE HAUL A VERY SMALL POP UP CAMPER, NEVER IN THE HILLS, EASY DRIVING, DON'T USE IT FOR 4-WHEELING, NEVER HAD TO USE 4 WHEEL TO GET OUT OF A SNOWBANK.

- , St. Joseph, MI, USA

Oct 022007

Trailblazer LS V6

I am so mad, i had barely bought my truck, and 1 month later on the way to Los Angeles my transmission blew, it cost me $2000 to fix it, then the fan clutch got messed up and cost me $300... I wanted this truck so much and it turned out to be a piece of sh*t.

- , Fresno, CA, USA