Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Apr 272015

A vehicle was stopped in front of me and I rear ended them. I was going around 44-55 mph. After I hit the other car from behind I crossed 2 lanes of traffic and went thru a pretty deep ditch. The air bags did not deploy at all. I sustained a concussion., several head lacerations and a fractured lumbar spine.

- Lexington, AL, USA

Feb 232012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while attempting to unlock the driver's side door, the door would not unlock and the contact smelled smoke. The contact inspected the door and found that the door module plastic case was melted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 59,000. Updated 10/03/12 updated 10/04/2012

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 012011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact was driving 35 mph when the front driver side door / insulation caught on fire. My husband poured a cup of water to put out the fire. The entire interior door panel, power master window switch and harness had to be replaced. The contact was not injured. The contact also stated prior to the failure the door failed to open and the power windows failed to operate. The vehicle was not destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 77,000. The driver's side door switch and module assembly caused the fire. There was damage to the wiring harness, door trim panel and insulation. The inner door handle and power mirror switch needed to be replaced. Pictures received 05/07/12

- Perkiomenville, PA, USA

Dec 072010

I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Trailblazer at the end of 2007. Since then, I have had multiple service issues with the car, most notably a faulty front axle that had to be replaced. In January 2009, my service 4WD light came on and I could not put my car into 4WD. I immediately took my car to the dealership, who could not find a problem and returned my car to me. A week later, I was driving my car in the snow in 4WD, getting ready to enter the highway, when the car stalled and the service 4WD light came on again. I returned to the dealership, who kept my car for 3 days and again could not find the problem. They returned my car to me and said "you probably got snow in your muffler". I drove my car in 4WD periodically for the next 19 months trusting that my car was safe. When the same problem happened again at the end of Nov 2010, I took my car to a different dealership who told me I had a bad front axle and 5 bad gears that were binding, and that I could not drive my car in 4WD until this was repaired. I have also had to have an O2 sensor replaced, several body system repairs, and yesterday my service stabilitrack light came on and stayed on until I restarted the car. I have asked Chevy to buy back my car, as it is clear I have a poorly manufactured and unsafe vehicle, and they have only offered to cover my body systems parts under warranty. I feel unsafe in my car and I don' T know where to turn for help.

- Chicago, IL, USA