CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2.7

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jul 102016

Trailblazer

Was driving at night and another vechile beside me told me I had no lights.the low beams aren't working, the high beams are fine.I was in motion at the time.but stopped at a red light.I was on a city street, going straight.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Feb 272016

Trailblazer

This issue occurred about 6-7 times throughout my 15 mile trip. My travel was on a highway and speeds were between 55-68 M.P.H. at the onset of each occurrence. I would hit a bump in the road (not a major one ¿ just a bump) and then the 'stabilitrak active¿ light would be illuminated in the dash continuously blinking like it's stuck. Then: -the truck would become sluggish dropping speed and knocking off the cruise control -you can¿T accelerate -the steering locks up sort of causing it to feel like the truck is out of control, this occurring at highway speeds -the amount of power used by stabilitrak was immense ¿ the headlights began to dim the longer it was stuck in this state -if you try braking during these spells it has the anti-lock active so you¿re just grinding away like you¿re in a skid but not stopping (and this is on dry pavement!) -- this occurred one time while I was on an exit ramp and and I was unable to slow thankfully I had taken the ramp a little slower to begin with or I could have been in major trouble in the curve then suddenly as quick as it all started it releases ¿ the light shuts off and all returns to normal.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Nov 102015

Trailblazer

There is time the key will keep turn engine over even when you let go of key, #2 headlamp and daytime driving lite sometimes won't won't work properly. And the last thing is my driver side master doesn't work properly when it rain.

- Newfield, NY, USA

Apr 012012

Trailblazer

The ignition will not turn off unless the bright lights are on. At times, it will start automatically even when the ignition switch is turned off. Sometimes the ignition will not turn on or off at all. Fuel system is faulty. Consistently problems have caused the fuel pump to go out repeatedly, and the fuel gauge to stop working. Motor in the drivers seat stopped working after months of problems. The radio has stopped working. We've replaced the fuse, and have been told its an electrical problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 182013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

On July 18th goldsboro Chevrolet in nc we were told could not seal that leak, because it was to far gone. So he had to order part for it, we set a date to bring back truck on July 23 2013. Then we was told they was going to use a sealant kit that he was thinking we need whole part but then he change his mind that it was not needed. We are confuse about it, because the circuit board has a mind of it on. So we do not want patch work we want a new unit, can someone please respond back to me telling us our rights, and what to do.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Jan 022012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The fuel gauge on my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer began fluctuating from proper fuel level reading to empty at around 74,000 miles. After few weeks of this, the fuel gauge now consistently reads empty after driving 115 - 120 miles on a full tank, which indicates a failure of the fuel sensing unit. I am driving the vehicle based on the trip odometer and I have run out of gas twice since this is not a reliable way to estimate the amount of fuel in the tank. Both times I was on my way to work a on heavily traveled bridge with no shoulder. This is a huge safety hazard!!! also at around 75,000 miles the driver side door lock stopped working and the electronic stability control off light and electronic stability control maintenance light periodically turn on.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Mar 022009

Trailblazer

This vehicle has had a number of electrical and /or computer problems. The first set of tires on the vehicle were worn out because the computer would say they had low pressure, so we would fill them and check them with the onboard tire pressure, otherwise it would continue to say the tires were low. The gas gauge goes from full to empty and back at least 10 times a day, they say at the service dept it's the fuel sending switch. Service stabilitrac warning comes on at various times. I think all warnings (lights and through the computer screen) have come on at least one time, some we had to stop the car and look up what the light was in the book. Now the ignition switch has something wrong, the steering wheel will not lock when the car is shut off and the key is removed. Then the car won't start unless you work the key and the switch. Today it started and then quit when you let go of the key and it goes to the run position. When you turn the key on, there is weird noise like electrical short or something. There have been problems with window switches and regulators.

- Foley, MN, USA

Dec 072010

Trailblazer

I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Trailblazer at the end of 2007. Since then, I have had multiple service issues with the car, most notably a faulty front axle that had to be replaced. In January 2009, my service 4WD light came on and I could not put my car into 4WD. I immediately took my car to the dealership, who could not find a problem and returned my car to me. A week later, I was driving my car in the snow in 4WD, getting ready to enter the highway, when the car stalled and the service 4WD light came on again. I returned to the dealership, who kept my car for 3 days and again could not find the problem. They returned my car to me and said "you probably got snow in your muffler". I drove my car in 4WD periodically for the next 19 months trusting that my car was safe. When the same problem happened again at the end of Nov 2010, I took my car to a different dealership who told me I had a bad front axle and 5 bad gears that were binding, and that I could not drive my car in 4WD until this was repaired. I have also had to have an O2 sensor replaced, several body system repairs, and yesterday my service stabilitrack light came on and stayed on until I restarted the car. I have asked Chevy to buy back my car, as it is clear I have a poorly manufactured and unsafe vehicle, and they have only offered to cover my body systems parts under warranty. I feel unsafe in my car and I don' T know where to turn for help.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 282010

Trailblazer

Filled my tank and drove away the morning of the incident. While driving later that day my fuel gauge started going down while driving. It went to empty the low gas indicator light came on and it stayed that way for a few minutes before returning to full. This only happened 1X so far recently. I've also had problem with all the gauges going out while driving. Speedometer/fuel/ electrical/tach etc. Had to turn off the vehicle and restart to reset these functions in the past. 2-3X an had onstar run diagnostics. The electric stability control has also been coming on/off intermittently quite frequently at startup and at other times while driving. I've seen similar complaints on chat boards but few have take the steps to document them beyond the postings. There are many similar complaints on the web. Thank you

- Camp Hill, PA, USA