CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Aug 252016

Trailblazer

I purchased this vehicle new in 2007. The vehicle has never been modified, or the computer PCM has never been reflashed. Recently I tried to get my vehicle inspected in New York state and found that because the obd system was updated with a new software on the inspection system in New York state, my vehicle is unable to communicate with the inspection computer. New York state department of motor vehicles has no resolution although the inspections are done for them. Opus the state computer monitor, states that they have had no issues with the inspection system. However during my quest to find a solution to my problem I have been told that some of the vehicles have a problem connecting to the new software updated just a year ago. I believe that if consumers wait long periods of time without proper inspections in nys these vehicles will be driven without the proper inspection. I have further been told by a Chevrolet dealer that these vehicles are now starting to surface as a result of the yearly inspection in nys. Many more a sure to come out in the following months.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

May 032016

Trailblazer

My left turn signal works intermittingly. I have had the whote turn signal arm replaces and the circuit boards and lights replaced. Dealership is not able to find out what is causing the turn signal to only work when it wants to. The right turn signal, cruise control and wipers work fine. I can hear the turn signal click like it is making a connection but the light blinks on and off, then stops. It doesn't matter if I am moving or stopped, idling.

- Saint Albans, WV, USA

Apr 272015

Trailblazer

A vehicle was stopped in front of me and I rear ended them. I was going around 44-55 mph. After I hit the other car from behind I crossed 2 lanes of traffic and went thru a pretty deep ditch. The air bags did not deploy at all. I sustained a concussion., several head lacerations and a fractured lumbar spine.

- Lexington, AL, USA

Jan 082014

Trailblazer

In January 2014, I started my 2007 Trailblazer when I got off work and the washer fluid and wipers started operating on their own, and then they stopped. This continued off and on for about 2 months. My wipers and washer operating when ever they wanted to when the switch was turned off. One evening my husband was in front of me and the washers would not stop and finally ran dry. My husband pulled the fuse under the hood to deactivate the washers and the one under the back seat to deactivate the wipers. I drive my Trailblazer like this. When it rains, I put the fuse in the fuse box under the back seat and when it stops raining I take the fuse back out because my wipers now will not stop at all. We have replaced the switch on the column hoping that was the problem because I had a 2002 Chevy S-10 that had a similar problem.

- Paw Paw, WV, USA

Aug 032011

Trailblazer

Went to fill my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer up with gas. Noticed the fuel gauge started floating from the "F" to the "E", even though I just filled the tank. It fluctuated for a couple days back and forth. Finally, it dropped to the "E" mark and that has where it has stayed since with the "low fuel light" on. I fill up at the gas station now and have to reset my mileage and keep an eye on it to know when to put more fuel in my tank. Since having to watch it this way, I have actually gotten out and driven out of gas in the middle of the road 3 different times. Because I don't always have enough money (being a single mother) to fill my tank up, so putting $20 in here and there, it makes it hard to keep up with the mileage to know when more gas is needed. I live on a fixed income and am disabled. So, between that and being a single mother, it's not exactly something I can afford to have fixed at the time considering I am still making payments on this vehicle. I have talked with several other people who own this type of vehicle who has the same problem. I honestly feel like this should be a recall. Customers who have spent their money paying thousands of dollars for a vehicle (mine was purchased new when I bought it) shouldn't have to pay for an issue that is apparently GM's fault. If it wasn't GM's fault, there wouldn't be so many people having the same issue. This is not a problem customer's could have prevented with "more responsible" driving. This is clearly a manufacturer defect. When I priced getting this problem fixed (at a local Chevrolet dealership), I was told that it would cost me $140. That this wasn't an actual recall, and that the cost of fixing it is $280 but I'd be responsible for half of that amount (hence the $140). Why should I have to pay for GM's problem??

- London, KY, USA

Sep 152009

Trailblazer

First occurrence I smelt burning plastic and saw some smoke coming from the master window switches on the drivers door. The switches failed, windows stopped working and when getting them replaced the inside sound proofing was black and burnt. The second time I didn't smell smoke but the windows stopped working and the inside of the door is burnt. The switches failed and the drivers door window stopped going down. The switch needs to be replaced.

- Burr Ridge , IL, USA