CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Feb 012013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I had gone to a friends house and on the way home my power steering malfunctioned. I took the vehicle to a local auto repair shop and was told the power steering cooler had rusted through. I also had to replace this part on my 2003 Trailblazer not realizing there was a problem. If this part rusts out on different years of the same model there seems to be a problem. The vehicle became very hard to steer. I know for a fact that I and many other people have had problems with transmission lines gasoline lines and power steering lines. I had to replace the gasoline line and fuel pump on the 2003, and just replaced transmission line on the 2007. I think there needs to be an engineering change on these vehicles. I also received a recall notice on the 2007 Trailblazer for the electric window switch. The notice said I would be notified when to bring my vehicle in. It has been several months since I received the notice and I am still waiting for notification. It cost me $350 to have the power steering repaired..

- Slippery Rock, PA, USA

Aug 182010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

At 45,000 miles I have had to have the tierods replaced and there is still something wrong with the passenger side wheel assembly, but they can't seem to figure out what the squeak is. It could be a bearing I have been told, but they don't know without tearing it all down. 2nd is the power window on the drivers side is getting slower to come up and I can smell wires burning at times (although I am not sure if the 2 are related) I have also had to replace the "idler pulley" at 42,000 miles.....this seems ridiculous as it keeps turning out to be one thing after another"???"

- Traverse City, MI, USA

May 182011

Trailblazer

I was starting to go up a hill at a speed of 56 mph and I swerved to miss a couple of skunks when the steering locked on the truck and I went into the ditch to the left and then rolled the truck three times. When the vehicle was purchased in Nov 2010 I noticed the SRS light was on and the dash light and his response was to bring it back for service after I made a payment, during the accident the airbags did not deploy and the towing company who came to get the truck they had to cut the battery out because they couldn't get the steering to unlock.

- Whitney Point, NY, USA

Jul 132011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The fuel gauge says full for a couple weeks then goes to empty with the light coming on even if I put a gallon of gas in it.it goes right back to full and stays there the steering also feels like any day something is going to happen to it and its making a loud screeching sound thought it might be power steering the fluid is full.

- East Liverpool, OH, USA

May 182011

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated while driving 52 mph uphill the steering wheel locked and he lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle drove off of the road, rolled over, and none of the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The driver sustained back, neck and shoulder injuries. The vehicle was declared destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle identification number was not available. The failure and current mileage was 65,000. Updated 09/14/11 updated 09/23/11

- Whitney Point, NY, USA

Mar 072010

Trailblazer

I bought this 2007 Chevy Trailblazer and baby it like there was no tomorrow. Now everything is breaking. First it was the racking pinion steering. Some how the seal busted. Second, the fuel gauge began to register empty even though it was full and joint ball went bad making some vibration and squealing sound. I got the fuel gauge fixed and joint ball, now the struts that lift rear window doesn't work. I was so eager to get this Trailblazer but it is costing me more money than what it is worth.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Apr 082010

Trailblazer

I purchased a used 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer 15K in June 2008 form bob bell Chevrolet eastern ave. Baltimore, md. This vehicle was advertised and assured to be a GM certified vehicle which was reconditioned and 117 point inspected under GM certified used program. I don't believe that this vehicle underwent this inspection as the dealer represented because a week after purchasing the vehicle, I had brake failure and traction control malfunction that the dealer repaired and assured me that I would have no further problems, on top of that, the oil wasn't changed or air filter which was as black as the street when it was changed out. Now a year and a half later, I'm having noise in the steering column and was advised that a noise I was hearing in the front of the vehicle when I went over a bump was my struts that needed to be replaced when I took it back to the same dealer purchased and advised my vehicle which is now at 47K is out of warranty for the repairs needed and I was going to need to pay almost $2000. My problem is I haven't had this vehicle that long and my dad owns the same year and model vehicle with zero problems, I have never had a vehicle which was supposedly as good as new with these issues. The dealer hasn't gotten back to me and I feel like they are avoiding my problem which I believe was their fault and should be fixed because they represented themselves and this vehicle to me as such and that was under the condition of my purchase, can you offer me any help or advice"?"

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 012009

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. He noticed that the power steering fluid was leaking, it caused the steering wheel to make a loud noise and lock. While driving 20 mph, the steering wheel locked as he was making a turn. He took the vehicle to the dealer and the diagnosis located the failure to be the rack and pinion and needed to be replaced. The estimated cost for repair was $800. He is not sure if the vehicle will be repaired. The failure mileage was 59,000 and the current mileage was 61000.

- New Port News , VA, USA

Apr 292009

Trailblazer

I have been having a recurring issue with the steering on my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer. I have had 3 different occasions when the vehicle will only make left turns. Today specifically the vehicle was at an intersection and I was attempting to make a right turn when the vehicle responded by only wanting to turn to the left which was a set-up for a head on collision. The vehicle would turn to the left but would not go past the centered position. In order for the steering to correct itself, the vehicle would have to be turned off and considerable force placed on the steering wheel to turn the vehicle to the left, then the pressure force would free itself and the vehicle would work correctly. GM has to know of this issue, this is a deadly "rack and pinion" in this. I almost killed a family today with a head on collision scenario. Please help, I have had this vehicle to the dealership before, only to be told, we can't duplicate this, something is not right!

- Shorewood, IL, USA

Jan 032009

Trailblazer

While operating my 2007, Chevrolet Trailblazer, I notice that the vehicle was leaning on the right side, I stopped the vehicle and after checking the tires I found no flats, and no air missing, as I drove away I began to feel a wobble in the front tires, which led me to meyer Chevrolet, where he found that the shock absorbers where still good several weeks later the leaning and the wobble continued and I took it to my mechanic where he found that all the shocks where leaking and had worn out at 33000, miles, before replacing the shocks I called General Motors to see if they can set up an appointment with another dealer which they stated that I should return it to the dealer I purchased it from. I then returned the vehicle again to meyer Chevrolet where again I was told that they where good and not bad, I continued to drive the vehicle and the tires where so bad that I decided to take it to my mechanic for an inspection of the front end which he found that the four shocks where bad the tires, and the alignment where bad, I then called Chevrolet to ask for there assistance in the costly repairs and they stated that because I had my repairs done elsewhere they could not help, so 1400 dollars later my car is running good again lets see how long before something else goes wrong. Last year while driving to Virginia beach, I stopped to refuel and when I got in the car again the gauge had stopped working, the little yellow light came on and would not shut off giving me false gas readings that the tank was empty, when I arrived in Virginia beach I called the dealers for an appointment and no one would repair it they said take it back to New York city for repairs. I then placed a call to on-star and they said unless you get stuck you will have no choice but to take it back to New York for repairs, we will send you a tow truck at that point and left me with a car that I didn't know whether there was gas inside or not. GM get it together.

- Corona , NY, USA