- May 4: GM Recalls Trucks and SUVs For Dangerous Steering Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 18 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 20 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 25 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 38 days ago
Transmission Lines Rotted Out
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,489 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the lines (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)