2009 Chevrolet Traverse lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse:

2009 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Apr 112012

Traverse 6-cyl

The 2009 Chevy Traverse, while my wife and son were driving at night, both headlights stopped working at the same time. Brought vehicle to dealer, due to design- unable to replace bulb yourself, dealer- drivers village replaced both bulbs. On 11/17/14 the left headlight bulb stopped working. Took to jack mcnerney Chevy and replaced bulb. Two days later left bulb stopped working again, took back to dealer and replaced free of charge. On 12/4/14 the right headlight stopped working and took vehicle to drivers village and they replaced the bulb. There is an obvious defect/ design flaw in the head lamp system of this vehicle. $300 dollars spent to replace headlamps. Please look into this problem, I see a lot of complaints. Thank you.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Apr 202013

Traverse 6-cyl

I took it in because the A/C stop working and they founded the leaked. Also mentioned a recalled but didn't list on my receipt. My low beam headlights burned out too. I think there is an electrical problem but the dealer won't admit. Claimed repairs are normal wear and tear. I wish they had told me this before I bought this car brand new.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Apr 142011

Traverse 6-cyl

My daughter had to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance. My other daughter and myself got in our 2009 Chevrolet Traverse and went to follow it. I turned on the car and had both low beam headlights fail. So there we were following the ambulance holding the highbeam switch on so that we could follow it and blinding everyone in our path. I brought it in to barton birks Chevrolet in newburgh NY and they said both bulbs burned out at the exact same time. Strange and did not think anything about it until I read about the recall on GMC acadia's and Saturn outlooks. As both of these share many of the same parts as my Traverse I thought you might want to look into this as well. Thank you.

- Pleasant Valley, NY, USA

Aug 082010

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated the front head light and the brake lights continue to malfunction. The contact stated the head lights have been replaced twice and the brake light have been replaced six times. The contact called the manufacturer and the manufacturer is currently trying to put the contact in another vehicle. The dealer can not remedy this issue with the exterior lights. The contact stated if the the exterior lights malfunction while driving at night it can cause a crash. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Windermere, FL, USA