3.0

2011 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse:

2011 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Dec 212013

Traverse 6-cyl

This vehicle at random times tells you that you need to service you stailitrak and traction control and reduces power which is dangerous because of the fact it loses power and when you want to pass your not able to. Even if your climbing a small little hill it will barely climb which puts others at risk of crashing especially in icy or dangerous conditions, or maybe even worse. This is a good family hauler, but not when it reduces power and puts others at risk.

- Worthington, MN, USA

Dec 092013

Traverse

Driving on the highway and all of a sudden there was an alert on the dashboard saying that "traction control off" then immediately after another alert came on stating that "engine power has been reduced". I was unable to accelerate fully. I turned the car off and back on and it reset it but the same alerts came back on minutes later. The next day I took it to the dealership and they said the throttle body had to be replaced. This seems to be a common occurrence for these vehicles and after researching online I have found hundreds of others that have had the same problem. This is extremely dangerous and Chevy/GM should seriously consider recalling this part.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jan 182013

Traverse

Was at target one evening and noticed a sweet unusual smell coming from the Traverse. I took a look underneath the car and noticed pink substance dripping from the engine. Upon leaving target I noticed that the arm on the temperature gauge was higher than normal. I drove 40mph for a mile and the gauge shot up to the top. I was 25 minutes from home. I had to stop 6 times to let the engine cool down in order to make it home and I had all four of my kids in the car with me as well. It totally freaked them out. I had to rent a car for the weekend as I needed transportation to get around. I had a company that will come to your home to fix your car. Found out it was my fuel pump. After 4 hours of labor and $400 later it was fixed. Four months later, today May 10, 2013 as I'm driving home from work, the car begins to beep and the traction control light and ABS light comes on and service stabilitrak system and traction control off displays in the display window. It seemed as if it was hard to accelerate as well. This is the 2nd thing that is probably going to be fairly expensive to fix that has happened to this car. It is the weekend and now have to try and find a place to take my car and have it serviced. Seeing now that there have been several complaints with this specific component on the car, Chevrolet needs to recall this car and fix this. This is very dangerous and could cause an accident. I think it's ridiculous to have to continue to pay for things that continue to break down on this vehicle. I am a single parent and cannot continue to financially be able to do this.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Dec 082012

Traverse 6-cyl

The contact rented a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that while traveling 60 mph, the vehicle lost acceleration power, as well as traction control. The vehicle was able to be driven to the dealer where it was confirmed that the throttle body failed. The contact also stated that the windshield wipers failed due to cold weather temperatures. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 47,450 and the current mileage was 47,950. The consumer stated the dash displayed a message that said trak sys failed, soon followed by another message indicating the engine power had been reduced. The vehicle went from 60 mph to approximately 20 mph and the engine began to shudder with a feeling of loss of firing cylinders, and loss of vehicle steering control. The consumer called the renal car company, and he was advised to shut the vehicle off, wait 15 seconds and restart it. Over the next two miles the consumer could not get the vehicle to go over 15 mph and the trak came back on with the shuddering of the engine.

- Upland, CA, USA

Apr 242011

Traverse

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated the vehicle lost power while shifting into third and fourth gear. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who performed a diagnostic test that indicated the failure was located in the transmission module. The dealer replaced the transmission module, but the failure was not corrected. The vehicle continued to lose power while shifting into third and fourth gear, and the stability control light illuminated. The VIN information was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer stated the transmissions was equipped with six speeds and was designed to lose speed. The failure mileage was 8,000 and the current mileage was 9,081.

- Mccordesville , IN, USA