CarComplaints.com Notes: There are a fair-number of power steering related complaints which is a continuation of problems from the previous model year. Considering the problem tends to happen beyond the standard warranty (73k+) it's best to avoid this vehicle or at least be prepared for the $1,300+ repair.

3.7

2011 Chevrolet Traverse lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse:

2011 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jan 242016

Traverse

The windshield wipers are inconsistent at turning on when not in the off position. If they turned on, they would stay on until the vehicle was turned off. The only way to ensure the windshield wipers came on (and stayed on) at any requested wiper speed was to have your high beams on. If you turned your high beams on, the dashboard light would come on. If you turned your wipers on, the high beam dashboard light would go out (yet the high beams would still remain on).

- Centreville, VA, USA

Sep 012014

Traverse

2011 Chevrolet Traverse- I bought the truck in 2013 certified, pre-owned for roughly $35K all in from robert Chevrolet. Have had several electrical and mechanical issues with it over the past 2 years. Windows have stopped working numerous times, mirrors as well. Left tail light has gone out 3 times, headlights have had issues as well. Most recently my passenger side step rail snapped off as my 13 year old 115 lb daughter stepped on it. I have 4 children, my youngest is one and a half years old and one concern I have is that the other side rail snaps off and as my wife is putting my son in car they fall on concrete if that rail should snap as well. In general, I do not trust this car or feel safe in it at all. The electrical problems scare me the most, god forbid there should be some kind of short and steering or something worse goes out and my wife crashes with one or all of my 4 children in the car.. my sales rep at robert Chevrolet has been contacted on several occasions, for a year has been telling us to come in after several complaints. Finally I took off of work and told him he needed to take a look at this unsafe vehicle and it needed to be addressed. They assured me they would take care of it, even suggested he would take me out of the car and eat the bulk of the loss. Needless to say they did none of that, indicated everything that's wrong with the car is wear and tear. I bought an extended policy on the vehicle as well, basically nothing is covered. And to boot, they suggested I pay 1200-1500 to fix the vehicle. Again I stress, the money isn't the biggest issue, I'm concerned about the safety of this vehicle.

- Seaford, NY, USA