2012 Chevrolet Traverse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse:

2012 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Aug 192016

The car's engine sounds too loud. I bought the car late December 2015 and I told the servce advisor that something is wrong with the wiring because the light bulb needed to change, sounds from speakers would bounce off from one speaker to another, the windows would not go back up, and engine was louder than usual. Two weeks ago, while I was on I-95 with my kids, the engine light came on, the car automatically slowed down on me, traction control automatically turned off, the car stated engine power slowed and stabitalk light came on. I was terrified. I'm already a victim of mile discrepancy and poor professionalism from the GM from autonation Chevrolet delray and I'm still having problems with my vehicle. I took my car there a time back in may because my engine was shaking, I was told they fixed my engine but the car was still shaking afterwards. Also the seatbelt for the middle seat of the second row, works when it wants to. I went to autonation to look at the vehicle, they claimed it doesn't have engine issues even though they did not give me a copy of the results of the whole diagonosis.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jun 262016

While driving on the highway, my chev Traverse traction control, stabilitrak, ABS and brake warning lights lit up! when both accelerating and applying brakes the car drags. Additionally the air conditioning blows harders on its own.

- Raeford, NC, USA

Nov 052015

The lift gate fell and hit my wife while unloading groceries. Went to dealer to repair and they did not have an answer how Chevy /GM is going to repair this is a recall

- Calhoun, GA, USA

Aug 172015

When I shut my car door, the radio stayed on, I unlocked the car and re opened the door and manually turned it of. This was the 17th of August,2015. From then on, I turned the radio off manually all the time. On the 21 of August, 2015, the air conditioner did not cool the car, it blew out warm air till I arrived at my destination. When I turned on the car again, the cool air once again came on, but when I turned the car off, the radio still stayed on, I had to manually turn it off again.the radio continued to come in and out till the 3rd of Sept, when the air went out again, then the radio started shutting off. The 11th of September, the air once again blew warm air, till I stopped and shut it off, then upon returning, it came back on, cool. The 14th of Sept, the whole dash lights went out on it.! I pulled into a store parking lot, and turned the car off, let it sit, about 10 mins, and started back up and they came on, I came home, and turned the car off, and the outside of the dash 'halo" stayed on, I opened the car, and closed it again, twice and they finally went out. I have an appointment with the dealer, for a diagnostic, it is out of warranty now, I can't afford a huge bill. This is dangerous to drive.

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Jul 112014

I was driving through a parking lot and the stabillitrack light came on, the check engine light flashed and the traction control light came on. The driver center said the traction control shut off and it also stated to service stabillitrack. The engine seemed to slow itself as well. I parked the vehicle and waited a few minutes. The warning lights finally went off on their own and the traction control turned back on, on it's own. The car seemed ok driving home for 2 miles and engine power seemed to return to normal but there seems to be some hesitation in the transmission shifting at low speeds too. I called the dealer and the soonest they can get me in to check the car is Monday. I asked if it was safe to drive and they would not commit to safety or reliability but refused provide any relief until Monday and gave me no offer of a loaner car. I just did some investigating online to research what the cause of this problem might be and it appears that this is a very common problem with this vehicle and it can occur at high speeds on the highway. Many forums list many people with this complaint. I am concerned this could occur again and cause an accident. The problem looks to be intermittent and will occur without warning at any speed. In my opinion this is a safety problem which needs to be taken seriously. I am fearful for my families safety in this vehicle.

- Queensbury, NY, USA