2013 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Traverse:

2013 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jul 112016

Traverse

Driving to work and all of a sudden the light panel tells me engine power reduced traction control off and service traction. I didn't have the traction on. Turned around went home. Car sounds horrible. Turned it off let it sit. Lights gone but scared to drive it. Will have it looked at but doesn't sound good. Single mom and live paycheck to paycheck who works everyday. What am I going to do.

- Conneaut, OH, USA

Jun 082016

Traverse

Car stalls while idling. The RPM's and the battery gauge go up and down while driving on city streets and highway. It has also been warm and cold weather. The car will reduce speed on it's own while this is happening. The vehicle drives rough and the engine sounds harsh. Originally engine light codes of P0174 and P0171 came on and dealership cleaned air flow. Now no codes and dealer isn't able to always recreate. I have brought to dealer multiple times for same issue. Owned vehicle less than 90 days.

- East Amherst, NY, USA

Jan 212016

Traverse

Driving my 2013 Chevy Traverse on the highway 65mph stability trac light comes on reduced engine power message service stability trac message vehicle slowed down to 20mph in about 20 seconds could have caused a serious accident resulting in sever injury or death to myself and young children in the vehicle with

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Dec 262015

Traverse

While driving about 65 mph on us-59 in my 2013 Chevrolet Traverse ltz, the instrument panel lit up like a christmas tree, followed by a rapid, un-controlled deceleration, loss of power, and loss of steering. This was while driving on a straight road, and no surface impediments such as rain, snow, sleet, ect.. the issue was "stabilitrak! as a 30 year, career law enforcement officer who investigated thousands of accidents, this was a very dangerous situation and my family and I are very lucky to be alive. I also found there is a long history of this going back to at least 2010. This same vehicle has had the rear A/C fixed 4 times and mylink system fixed 2X.

- Katy, TX, USA

Nov 272015

Traverse

I was driving when my check engine light came on. I got an error message for loss of traction control and service stabilitrack. Additional message, engine power reduced but was still able to drive but at a decreased speed. I was able to increase speed by using RPM gauge and shifting transmission by pressing and releasing accelarator to simulate manual shifting. I eventually pulled over off the road, turned off the engine and restarted. Everything appeared to return to normal until it happened again the following day while driving out of my driveway. Got an obd scan and codes were P2122 and P2138. Advised this was a recall in the 2010 model- how is it still happening in models three years later? doesn't appear it was successfully resolved and not a covered repair that is several hundred dollars. This is a potentially dangerous event and can cause an accident or death.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jun 152015

Traverse

Car turned itself off while driving 55 mph on highway with my children in the car. Traverse randomly switches between cd and radio by itself. Traction control warning sounds randomly. Sometimes when key is turned off all goes black on dash without opening the door. There is no pattern to any of this. Always totally random. I have started pressing record on my phone before every time I start my car for the possibility that I will catch one of the random instances on camera. Dealership has replaced my radio focusing on it and ignoring my traction control issue and power loss. Since these issues cannot be triggered and are completely random I had to catch my radio freezing up on video to get dealer to believe my accusations. My car has been "reprogrammed" twice, new radio installed, repaired information buttons once, then information buttons replaced and each time telling me that its all fixed now. Well, I now have video that proves differently. So when is the next time my car is going to shut off" will my children be with me or will it only be a risk of them losing their mother?"

- Houston, MO, USA

Oct 222015

Traverse

I was idling at a stop light when my check engine light came on. I got an error message for loss of traction control and stabilitrack. My engine then completely lost power. I turned off the engine and restarted. My car got me through the intersection when it immediately happened again. This was a recall in the 2010 model- how is it still happening in models three years later?

- Wasilla, AK, USA

Apr 302015

Traverse 6-cyl

Traveling at roughly 55mph the vehicle started beeping. The car controls began to become hard to steer and without warning the speed in seconds slowed to 15-20 mph. The dash starts reporting the following information:engine power reduces service stabilitrak traction control off I pull over shut off the car and eventually the dealer says it will go away. Its a non issue. Then it happens again and again over and over again. The code every time is P2138. The service department even thinks an existing tsb is the issue 11273 but since my car isnt listed on it.

- Ofallon, IL, USA

Feb 052015

Traverse 6-cyl

While driving this 2013 Traverse, it lost all power with the stabilink and traction control warning lights being activated in the message center. Then the 2013 Traverse lost power with the check engine light illuminating, when this occurred the Traverse immediately slowed from 55 mph to 15 mph causing a rear end collision. All my online research in different forums displays numerous others incidents of this same stabilink/traction control issue. It does not appear to be a safe design and a recall should be announced before someone is seriously injured.

- Burlington, KY, USA

Jul 232014

Traverse 6-cyl

This has now occurred twice within the past 30 days. While in motion, the vehicle transmissions jerks, and speed is immediately reduced to 5mph. The stability control light comes on as does the check engine light. A remote diagnostics scan from on-star identified 3 error codes: C0561, P0700, P182E. The first time it occurred while exiting a highway off-ramp. This vehicle was taken to the dealership. The dealership informed me that there were no know issues related to this, no recalls, and no service bulletins existed describing this behavior for the 2013 model year. They were unable to recreate the problem and returned the vehicle to me. This happened again yesterday while approaching an intersection and slowing from ~35mph with traffic close behind. This is an extremely dangerous system behavior which could have easily resulted in a severe incident in a dangerous intersection. While the vehicle is in the state where the stability control light is on we observed hard transmission shifting/jerking into and out of park, reverse, neutral, and drive. We turned the vehicle off for 15 minutes. Upon restarting, normal operations were restored with the exception of the check engine light. The check engine light turned off after ~25-30 miles of driving.

- Norton, OH, USA