2013 Chevrolet Traverse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Traverse:

2013 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jul 022015

Traverse

This is my second complaint I am filing, I have a 2013 Chevy Traverse with fortera hl P255/65R18 109 tires, the first set had major cracking that ran along the inside first rib and last outside rib along the tread, with cracks that ran horizontal to the wear indicators, the last time I check the cracks was about 4 mm long, this affected all four tires. I contacted the dealership, took the vehicle to the dealership and Goodyear made it clear after two weeks the issue we had was from "ozone cracking" even though the tires only had 22,000 plus miles on them and refused to replace under the recall, instead charging me a $389 prorated fee for new tires of the exact size, name and quality. On 02 July, while out making payments and buying food I noticed a very strong rubber smell, I came home and the smell had increased to that of a rubber burning smell, I touched the tires and they was so hot I could not leave my hand on the tread. I noticed that one tire had/has a blue green color to it from the rim to the middle just below the words Goodyear, I also noticed that there appears to be what looks like wear from the tread line down to just below the words Goodyear where it looks like the tire is riding on the road on the side wall, or as I described it to both Goodyear and the dealership it looks like they are ran against a curb, of which we have no curbs in our block. These tires also do not maintain air pressure,

- Saint John, WA, USA

May 202015

Traverse

I have a 2013 Chevy Traverse that has massive cracking around the whole tire both on the inside 1st rib and the outside rib, I found cracks running across the wear indicators, I notified the dealership who after finding a recall (the recall was for years Nov 14 to Jan 15) agreed the description given by Goodyear for these tires (P255/65R18 1095 fortera hl) asked for the car so they could replace the tires. As of yesterday Goodyear claims all the issues are from ozone cracking and they are not liable for this, even though by definitation this occurs on the outside sidewall not the inside of the tread or across the wear indicators, I have repeadedly asked about the 6 year warrenty that is suppose to be on these and still have no reply, I do know there are multiple complaints filed against this specific tire from 2012 forward for the same issue and extreme tread wear. With the cracks running the full lenth of the tread on the inside and the cracks across the wear indicators this creates a massive danger in tire seperation or blow outs at high speeds especially in the summer.

- Saint John, WA, USA

Feb 052015

Traverse 6-cyl

While driving this 2013 Traverse, it lost all power with the stabilink and traction control warning lights being activated in the message center. Then the 2013 Traverse lost power with the check engine light illuminating, when this occurred the Traverse immediately slowed from 55 mph to 15 mph causing a rear end collision. All my online research in different forums displays numerous others incidents of this same stabilink/traction control issue. It does not appear to be a safe design and a recall should be announced before someone is seriously injured.

- Burlington, KY, USA