3.3

2014 Chevrolet Traverse lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Traverse:

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Nov 142015

Traverse

Was driving on interstate at 75 mph, about 80 miles from my destination, with cruise control on. Switched the bright lights on and the cruise control turned off, power locks started locking and unlocking repeatedly, headlights started flashing on and off. The whole dashboard instrument lights turned on (check engine, change oil, ABS, battery light, stabilitrak etc) when I attempted to press gas accelerator it was locked in place and would not move, vehicle stalled in interstate traffic with my children and I in car. Was able to merge onto shoulder, placed vehicle in park turned ignition to off position then restarted vehicle. Was able drive rest off way without turning on bright headlights or cruise control. When I got off interstate onto highway with no other vehicles I placed cruise control on and flipped on bright headlights and the vehicle did the same thing (gas pedal, headlights, instrument panel and locks) again pulled over restarted car and continued driving with no issue ( no cruise or brights used) I then took car to dealership next morning. The dealership was unable to replicate said occurrence after 6 days in shop.vehicle was sent home with us with no solution.we have had vehicle not quite 2 months.do not feel safe having my family in it. Complaint made to manufacturer (Chevrolet GM) they stated they had received no similar complaints and are unable to provide a fix. Was told if vehicle repeats occurrence to try to video it and return to shop. Unhappy with this situation all the way around.

- Salina, KS, USA