6.0

2014 Chevrolet Traverse lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Traverse:

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Traverse

The service airbag alert comes on for no reason, then goes off. It came back on again and did not go off. I drive speeds of 30 to 60 mph. My lights on the dash and radio dims and the radio cutoff at any given time. This is very serious problems because the vehcile can cut off while I am driving. I also experience water pouring into to my Traverse right over my front over head lamps inside. There was so much water it filled the cup holder and the shift was wet. The front windshield has never been changed and I don't have any cracks on my front window. I have no clue how the water is coming into my Traverse from the top and leaking in through the front over head lamps. I have brought it into the dealership, 1 day ago I still have not heard back from anyone. I asked if it was common, with the Traverse and I was told no. I obviously they lied, because I had to come on this website to see that other people are experiencing the same problems. I am not a car expert but the man at the dealership that has been doing this line of work for 30+ years said he could smell the water has soon has he sat in the vehicle. So obviously water has been leaking in from some where for a while now to be able to smell the water. I keep my car very clean and my carpets are dry. So the water must be coming in somewhere from the roof and staying reserved in a particular area until it pours out. The water may be the reason I am having the other issues, and may be each problems is not related at all. It is very frustrating because I am paying car note on a car that is am skeptical about driving because I don't know if it safe to drive. I have not only my safety to worry about I also have my children safety consider and other people that ride in this vehicle too. The lights dims while driving or when idling. The service air bag light is on all the time when driving, idling, or in park.

- Breaux Bridge, LA, USA

Nov 102016

Traverse

Since we bought this vehicle it has been nothing but trouble. We have had problem with seat belt, instrumental panel (reset) and one more thing that we do not remember what it is. At this time we are experiencing problem with all break lights not operational which was recalled December 26, 2014 for the reason that the chassis electronic module may be internally contaminated, resulting in an electrical short..very dangerous however, I was told that our vehicle was not recalled and yet could not convince me why we are having same problem with recalls. We have appointment to take the vehicle in on Tuesday, Nov 28, , 2016. We need help to make sure that Chevy fixes this car at no cost to us..it is shameful that a 2yrs old ar will develop these problems while your are still paying car note. We believe there was a mistake when recalls were made that apparently most cars that were supposed to be covered were missed unless why such a coincidence. Chevy issued me a complain number: 8-2539917328. We will greatly appreciate your help in this matter.

- Irvington, NJ, USA

Nov 142015

Traverse

Was driving on interstate at 75 mph, about 80 miles from my destination, with cruise control on. Switched the bright lights on and the cruise control turned off, power locks started locking and unlocking repeatedly, headlights started flashing on and off. The whole dashboard instrument lights turned on (check engine, change oil, ABS, battery light, stabilitrak etc) when I attempted to press gas accelerator it was locked in place and would not move, vehicle stalled in interstate traffic with my children and I in car. Was able to merge onto shoulder, placed vehicle in park turned ignition to off position then restarted vehicle. Was able drive rest off way without turning on bright headlights or cruise control. When I got off interstate onto highway with no other vehicles I placed cruise control on and flipped on bright headlights and the vehicle did the same thing (gas pedal, headlights, instrument panel and locks) again pulled over restarted car and continued driving with no issue ( no cruise or brights used) I then took car to dealership next morning. The dealership was unable to replicate said occurrence after 6 days in shop.vehicle was sent home with us with no solution.we have had vehicle not quite 2 months.do not feel safe having my family in it. Complaint made to manufacturer (Chevrolet GM) they stated they had received no similar complaints and are unable to provide a fix. Was told if vehicle repeats occurrence to try to video it and return to shop. Unhappy with this situation all the way around.

- Salina, KS, USA