6.1

2014 Chevrolet Traverse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Traverse:

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Oct 122016

Traverse

Slightly in motion about 5 mph and sometimes around 50 mph, the dic will reset within a split second, the radio will cutoff and all dashboard signs will come on momentarily like a reset. This is a possible electrical issue due to faulty ignition switch, faulty engine control module, ignition switch harness shorted or even poor electrical connection causing voltage difference

- Ashland, AL, USA

Jul 232016

Traverse

3 instances, same pattern at 2000, 19000, and 31,000 miles. While in motion, there is a sounding of warning from the dashboard, followed by a loss of vehicle acceleration. Dashboard reads "service stabilitrak, traction control off, and engine power is reduced." The vehicle then cannot seem to accelerate more than 10-15 mph. After time, or in this case the tow to the dealership, the problem ceases. The dealerships have all questioned the legitimacy of the instance, claiming they can find no repeat and referencing "carbon build-up." The most recent event was in the middle of a busy freeway with children in the car. It was very frightening and dangerous.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Sep 152014

Traverse

The service stabilitrac; traction control is off, park assist is off, and check engine light along with ebs warning lights all come on along with loss of power; the car won't go over 25. This has happened several times; the first time it was wet, along with happening several other times when it was wet; then it happened last week when it was completely dry as I got off the interstate in heavy traffic; with the accelerator to the floor it would only go aprox 15-20 mph, along with all the lights once again coming on. The dealer did not document the first time we took it in for this problem, the just told us they had no idea what it could be unless they could see it happening. Unfortunately it resets itself usually after being turned off for a while and it does not happen on a predictable way there is no warning it just happens. The 2nd time we took it in they only documented that it was a forward & reverse problem; the only part of that that's true is that the 1st time it happened it was after I stopped then it would only go in reverse for about 20mins then it was fine the check engine light stayed on until they shut it off. The last time it happen the dealer wanted me to pay them a $95 diagnostic fee before they would even look at it. This is a safety hazard; if this problem would get fixed I love my car; but as it stands I'm afraid I'm gonna end up in an accident; I am seriously considering trading it in on a safer vehicle, even though I haven't had it quite 2 yrs yet. I have contacted Chevy via the internet to express my concerns; they just took my info and the problem and said the would research what was going on; I still haven't heard from them & that was over a week ago.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Feb 012015

Traverse

I was doing about 50 mph on expressway and car started to slow down with lots of jerking. Then an engine light came on, off, on, off, on, off (many times) and said something about traction control / stability bar (??). at this point I had no control of my speed/jerking movements (speed dwindled down). (road conditions were good, no rain or bad weather, no curves, no hills - straight stretch of road) it lasted for about a minute or two. Next it was ok. I took it in to the dealership and they could not find anything. Then it happened again a few weeks after that - out of state - going down interstate - same thing, (road conditions perfect) lasted a little longer this time. Brought it to the dealership after we had gotten back home - it (shop's computer) showed that a light had come on - but it did not record any information. This is a scary situation.

- Dry Prong, LA, USA

Oct 202014

Traverse

The dash board display shows a message: Service all-wheel drive. It shows up out of the blue usually when I start the car and begin to drive away. It also goes away on its own.I was unable to observe a pattern of any sort.

- Washington, DC, USA