4.9

2015 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

2015 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Sep 172016

Traverse

On Sept. 17 2016, while driving along the interstate at 70 mph, the car's engine slowed dramatically and stability track, traction control, and slow engine warning lights began to flash. The car would not accelerate. I managed to get the car to the side of the interstate and turned it off. I called roadside assistance immediately and the technician told me to turn off the traction control. There was a pungent smell all inside the car of gas and other fumes, but I did not see any fluids leaking from under the vehicle. The technician told me to start the car with the traction control off. I rolled down all of the windows to lessen the odor. The car started as usual and I started back down the highway. Within 3 miles the car stopped again, the same warning lights began flashing. I had lost several gallons of fuel in 3 miles. I got the car to a parking lot off the interstate and it died and would not turn back over. When I tried to get it to start, the ignition got stuck and would not stop trying to turn over. The car was losing fuel and would not run at all. The dealership said it was a fuel pump issue and they replaced the part several days later. On Nov. 11, 2016, as I drove to work this morning, I was at a red light and when I pushed the accelerator and nothing happened. The car began flashing the exact same warning codes as in Sept. The car would go about 5-10 mph and I was stranded in a 6 lane intersection. I turned off the traction control and managed to get the car into a parking lot, once again. I am very lucky that I have not had a severe accident when this has occurred. Someone is eventually going to get seriously hurt or killed when this happens. Also, this same vehicle's backup camera will turn on while I am driving down the street. When it turns on, the car switches out of drive, while I am driving forward. I have videoed this happening.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Apr 242016

Traverse

My wife and I were driving our 2015 Chevrolet Traverse on the interstate traveling at 80mph. When I took my foot off the accelerator the accelerator stayed in the down position and continued to accelerate the vehicle. We were up to 90 mph. I put my feet on the brakes and was able to slow the vehicle to 70mph. The accelerator was still stuck in the floored position and fighting the brakes. I was able to manipulate my foot behind the accelerator and after several attempts to pull the accelerator up it released. There was a loud clunk and we were able to pull the car off the interstate. When the car was placed in park, all the warning lights went on and the engine shut off. The vehicle would no longer start. Chevrolet towed the vehicle to the dealership where it was discovered the accelerator sensor and module went 'bad' per the dealer. The sensor malfunction caused the accelerator to stick per the dealership.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Apr 022016

Traverse

I was driving about 40 mph on secondary roadway and the car suddenly decelerated with the dash cluster indicating that the stabiltrak system was off and engine power reduced. Outside temperature was in the mid 30's and there was precipitation on the roadway. The vehicle would not accelerate above 25mph. This happened after a long highway run from nyc to cleveland. I was lucky I was not driving on the highway. I have an appointment with dealership in a couple of days but I see similar posts and I'm not sure this car is safe.

- Westlake, OH, USA

Oct 162015

Traverse

In 1 month 4 incidents that I lost power while driving, 3xs on main street, once on highway. Check engine light flashed for a moment then shut off. During the last 2xs vehicle was shaking. During the 3X, stabilitrak lights came on. All times, I pulled over (thankfully no accident), shut car off then restart. Upon 3X dealership replaced plugs and coils, then had 4th incident. Dealership says no codes and cannot recreate the problem. Car is going back in today for additional diagnostics. Vehicle is leased and just got to 1 year and 12K miles (130 miles dealer put on trying to recreate problem). This is beyond dangerous.

- Ronkonkoma, NY, USA

Sep 282015

Traverse

My wife was driving our 2015 Chevrolet Traverse 2lt in a construction zone at the speed limit. The vehicle abruptly shook side to side several times, then shut off engine power abruptly and lurched forward and back 5 times hard enough to throw her into the seat belt. About the lurching, she said it was like the car was trying to brake to a stop. She had a whole dashboard full of lights, and she saw a status message in place of the odometer that said something about the traction control turning off. She was in a construction zone without any shoulders, and couldn't immediately get off the road, but the engine power returned, so she took the first freeway exit and was able to stop the car. After she restarted the car, it seemed to be normal, so she drove it to the dealership for repair. The dealership said that it is working properly now, so they can't do anything.

- Scottsdale , AZ, USA