6.4

2015 Chevrolet Traverse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

2015 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jul 142016

Traverse

Driving my 2015 Chevrolet Traverse on an expressway at 65 to 70 mph when suddenly the vehicle started to slow down even when pressing on the accelerator. The speed continued decreasing when we noticed that the radio had also shut down. Fortunately we were able to make our way to the breakdown lane without any mishap. That's when we notice the engine was also completely shut down. We were fortunate that we were able to pull over without causing an accident. We called the dealership and explained the problem and was puzzled that they were not too concerned about the problem. My wife is not concerned about the safety of this vehicle. I have noticed that complaints have been reporting a similar problem. My vehicle is currently at the dealership and they provided me with a loaner in the meantime. I was told that most likely they will not be able to find any problem with the vehicle. This is not much consolation, to us when we will be returning to Florida in the near future and wonder whether this problem will occur again when we are on expressways with five to six lanes, all going 70 mph or more and with little room to get out of the way to safety. Looking at other similar issues, what is mentioned as the problem could be the switch, the battery or the alternator, or wiring to all these components. I cannot believe that this issue cannot be diagnosed and remedied immediately before someone gets hurt.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Apr 242016

Traverse

My wife and I were driving our 2015 Chevrolet Traverse on the interstate traveling at 80mph. When I took my foot off the accelerator the accelerator stayed in the down position and continued to accelerate the vehicle. We were up to 90 mph. I put my feet on the brakes and was able to slow the vehicle to 70mph. The accelerator was still stuck in the floored position and fighting the brakes. I was able to manipulate my foot behind the accelerator and after several attempts to pull the accelerator up it released. There was a loud clunk and we were able to pull the car off the interstate. When the car was placed in park, all the warning lights went on and the engine shut off. The vehicle would no longer start. Chevrolet towed the vehicle to the dealership where it was discovered the accelerator sensor and module went 'bad' per the dealer. The sensor malfunction caused the accelerator to stick per the dealership.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Nov 162015

Traverse

Drove my brand new 2015 Chevy Traverse to work for 2.1 miles, parked, within 15 mins my car caught on fire. Totaled. Fire dept had to put fire out. Tysons corner, va parked at 8281 greensboro drive, tysons, va 22102

- Vienna, VA, USA

Oct 162015

Traverse

In 1 month 4 incidents that I lost power while driving, 3xs on main street, once on highway. Check engine light flashed for a moment then shut off. During the last 2xs vehicle was shaking. During the 3X, stabilitrak lights came on. All times, I pulled over (thankfully no accident), shut car off then restart. Upon 3X dealership replaced plugs and coils, then had 4th incident. Dealership says no codes and cannot recreate the problem. Car is going back in today for additional diagnostics. Vehicle is leased and just got to 1 year and 12K miles (130 miles dealer put on trying to recreate problem). This is beyond dangerous.

- Ronkonkoma, NY, USA

Aug 042015

Traverse

I was driving my 2015 Chevrolet Traverse at 30 mph at 11 pm. My stabilitrak light came on as well as engine light. I lost power and stopped in an unlit, busy intersection. I thought I was going to die. Fortunately no cars hit me. I rolled into a small ditch and stopped. If I stepped on the gas, nothing really happened. I shut car off and looked in owners manual where it said to start car up again. I did and then it worked. I drove to car dealer next day and they knew exactly what was going on as I got out of my car they said they would give me a loaner, which I am currently driving. Mthe said it was a transmission sensor or switch that they had to replace. Obviously, gmmknows about this. This could hve been a fatal accident, easily. This is a crime in that my dealer sold me this car without disclosing a known problem to me. These cars are not safe and I will try to trade it in asap for something less hazardous. Again, this is a criminal act that GM is doing by continuing to sell these cars. If no one has died yet, they will soon. Very dangerous problem.

- Hillsborough, NJ, USA

Mar 312015

Traverse

When making a sharp left turn in a parking lot the car started to roll backwards down a slope. It was discovered that the engine was no longer running. Placed foot on brake to stop vehicle from rolling back wards and put transmission into park. Put transmission back into drive and found that car was dead. Put into park turned key to off waited a second and turned key to start engine and it restarted.

- Hot Springs Village, AR, USA